• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ziplines - awesome or lame?

Glenn

Saw it up close last summer (on the day that some random couple were having some anniversary party with fireworks down at Mount Snow ;) ). Looked pretty cool, and fast! Seeing as how the kids were with us, and they didn't meet the height requirement for the zipline, we didn't do it.

The adventure park at Bromley IS worth a ride up rte 30 some day for you and mitz! Totally fun for "kids" of all ages!

You know Jeff...if I wear hat, I could probably get the "kids" priced ticket for the day. :lol:

That's on our to do list this summer. It's really not that far away and it looks like a ton of fun. Plus, it's a short hop to Manchester.

drjeff

You know Jeff...if I wear hat, I could probably get the "kids" priced ticket for the day. :lol:

That's on our to do list this summer. It's really not that far away and it looks like a ton of fun. Plus, it's a short hop to Manchester.

I don't know if for you and Mitz (and her shopping prowess ;) ) if having Manchester a quick ride down the hill is a good thing or not ;) :lol:

All I know is last year at Bromley, E went from being a bit scared her 1st trip down the slow track of their 3 alpine slides to being a total speed demon on their fastest track a few rides later! Cool stuff at Bromley!

Glenn

Yeah, that may make for a costly day. HA!

I haven't ridden and alpine slide in years. Those are so much fun.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hiya DaddiO, welcome to the site :)

I almost did zip lines in February when I went on a cruise (was going to do them in Roatan) but ended up not doing them at the last second just because our time on the island was very short.

MR. evil

a couple of summers ago my wife and I did the zip lines at Berkshire East, it was a blast. Since then they have added two 'extreme' zip lines, each over 2500 feet long and several hundred feet above the ground at the high point. They were still testing them out when we were there, they looked pretty bad ass!!

Here is a link to a few pics from our trip
http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=1135

JimG.

Staff member
Anybody interested in an AZ group zipline tour up at Hunter?

We could get the group rate and the group bonding/peer pressure would make the event more fun for everyone.

Years ago I went on a Hunter group bungee jump day...many of the folks I consider my best Hunter friends were there that day. Frankly, I was so terrified I doubt I would have done it myself, but I had so much fun I wound up jumping twice.

catskillman

Sound good -

If you want a group tour they you are probally looking at the fall - The Garden State Ski Club just had to book for late September to get a tour just for them. That is the 3rd group tour they have run.

Would be nice for fall foliage --------

JimG.

Staff member
Sound good -

If you want a group tour they you are probally looking at the fall - The Garden State Ski Club just had to book for late September to get a tour just for them. That is the 3rd group tour they have run.

Would be nice for fall foliage --------

Hadn't even thought about the Fall foliage angle, but that would be one of the most beautiful times to do it.

I'll wait to see if we get more interest, otherwise we could just go up as a small group and go the same day individually.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
IMHO Alpine Adventures in Lincoln, NH is a great time! They have a canopy tour with nine lines, then eight(?) lines that are over the trees, and have just installed a monster zip that I have not been on yet, but cannot wait!

The course that goes over the tree tops, you are 250' in the air at times and moving!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm down in South Carolina and they have one in Myrtle Beach... at Broadway on the Beach. It looks pretty cool, starts 40' high and traverses over the water, however it was also kind of slow and was a little pricey so I skipped it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
about to experience my first zip lining adventure! I have heard the ones in Costa Rica are awesome but in about 5 days we will be doing this 3 day ziplining/trekking trip in the jungle

Morwax

On the fence

Busy doing other stuff in the summer so I havn't zipped. Really not that interested, but if it brings in cash for winter improvements IM ALL FOR IT!

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
finished the zip lining tour about a week ago and i'd have to say my conclusion is awesome. I had such a great time the longest one we did was 450 meters. The tree top house was pretty cool but I was expecting a little luxury (why? i'm not sure) but it was basic beds with mosquito nets, but we had a bathroom and sink and the view outside was amazing. we had to zip line to and from our tree house which was pretty neat but after family style dinners you had to put your wet harness on at night to get back to your room. small price to pay for an amazing experience.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
finished the zip lining tour about a week ago and i'd have to say my conclusion is awesome. I had such a great time the longest one we did was 450 meters. The tree top house was pretty cool but I was expecting a little luxury (why? i'm not sure) but it was basic beds with mosquito nets, but we had a bathroom and sink and the view outside was amazing. we had to zip line to and from our tree house which was pretty neat but after family style dinners you had to put your wet harness on at night to get back to your room. small price to pay for an amazing experience.

That sounds sweet. I would love to zip to and from my bedroom. haha.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Glenn

My wife and I went to Bromley today and did the zip line...it was friggin sweet. It's basically a straight shot down from mid mountain. They put you in a harness, open the gate and you're off. They have four lines and let you all go at once. At the end, a huge spring brings you to a stop. That in itself was pretty friggin cool. Did a few trips down the alpine slid as well.