• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer Skiing at Snowbird, UT: 6/26/11

jack97

Looking into Little Cloud Basin:

260397_10150226256959667_744459666_7229287_5796442_n.jpg

I would bang that line all day.......if I was there. :sadwalk:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just got back from the last day of the season at Snowbird. Pix and TR soon. They lost a lot of snow, but still many good lines. It was CROWDED with lines at Little Cloud on the order of 20-30 minutes. Mineral Basin got almost as bad. Lots of great costumes!

tirolerpeter

Welcome to UT

Just got back from the last day of the season at Snowbird. Pix and TR soon. They lost a lot of snow, but still many good lines. It was CROWDED with lines at Little Cloud on the order of 20-30 minutes. Mineral Basin got almost as bad. Lots of great costumes!

Just saw this TR from June and your comment about the last day at the Bird. There are additional pictures of the last day posted by Admin at FTO in this post:

http://firsttracksonline.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9724

I haven't visited over here in some time and was not aware of your TR from June, nor the fact that you have moved to UT. I moved to UT in March of 07 and despite some serious medical issues since then, the snow conditions, and being retired have allowed me to rack up more ski days than I ever imagined possible. To borrow a phrase from the Mormon leader Brigham Young...."This is the place." Of course, he meant it was the place to establish his theocracy, and I am referring to skiing. Welcome, and enjoy your future winters. BTW, a "bad" snow year here would be considered "great" nearly everywhere else. Hope to meet you on the mountain next winter.