• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2011-12 Edition

patricsaint

The 2011-2012 Descente Passport list...

http://www.alpineaccessories.com/Descente-Free-Lift-Tickets/products/267/

Down to 35 this year. Highlight and lowlights are...

New = Alta, Solitude, Panorama, Blue (Ontario)

Gone = A-Basin, Copper, Bear Valley,Waterville(2 for 1), Powder Mountain, Sunrise, Arizona Snowbowl, Kicking Horse, Grouse, Rabbit Hill, Cannonsburg

Looks like Utah is the place to use it. Shame Kicking Horse is gone. WIth Panorama being added it would have made the Canada loop even better.

Yeah I saw this the other day and started an new thread on it at that other site. Little disappointed in the Colorado drops and of course losing Powder kills me the most. :evil:
But I'll still go there cause it just rocks. Plus now with Alta and a twofer for Solitude added
Utah is still always the place to be.

patricsaint

I'm pretty sure they don't. I think they just "go" with the jackets. However last year when one Alpinezone member (not me) bought the pants thinking they came with the passport, Descente was nice enough to send him one when he called and asked about it.

That was me! :lol:
I bought the Descente pants thru the skis dot com website where they'd made a mistake. But did the right thing when called upon it. Of course the mistake was fixed the next day.

gotr0

$35 for Ski or Snowboard Tune-Up or Ski Tune-Up with Binding Inspection

Deal from Groupon: Tune-up at Country Ski and Sport for $35. See link for details

skiahman

^this isn't a deal at all. As a matter of fact those are Country Ski and Sports every day prices. I've used their Quincy and Hanson stores for tune ups in the past. The past as in sometimes you get a good tune and sometimes you don't. Twice their tune ups have left me a wee bit upset after that first run down. I"d rahter ski in rain then on a fresh tune that was done incorrectly.

steamboat1

The "preliminary" Ct Ski Council Awareness Days for 2011/2012 is out if that is what you are refering to. It is almost exactly the same as as last year's days.

Stowe days are 12/2/11 to 12/4/11 and 3/14/12 to 3/17/12

Ok I got the dates for Stowe in Jan. in addition to the dates already posted for Dec. & March by Talisman (thanks again). These dates are good for any ski club member not just CT. Ski Council members. My club is a member of the Met. & NJ Ski Councils not CT. Anyway the dates are Jan. 11-13. The March date posted above is through the 18th.

In addition Sugarbush is offering discounts to ski club members Jan. 6-10. I guess a weekend falls in there somewhere because the rates are $42 during the week & $45 on weekends. Forgot to ask about the Stowe rate but last year it was something like $41 for a one day ticket, $64 for a two day & even cheaper on a daily basis if you bought 3 or more days.

Mount Snow is offering something also but I neglected to get details because I wasn't really interested. Maybe someone else could chime in.

arik

yes

Has anyone bought into this? Seems like a pretty good deal...but I'm always skeptical of such things.

I did it last year, it worked at Mount Snow as advertised, nice discount, I didn't try using it anywhere else though having to buy a voucher first to use at sugarbush seems like more hassle than I am down for

skivideoguy

Stoketoberfest - Bethlehem PA Friday and Saturday,

Ice House 56 River Street Bethlehem PA 18018
Doors at 5pm films at 7/9 on Friday
Doors at Noon films 2/4 doors at 5 films at 7/9 on Saturday

We are screening 6 films in 3 double features. Each double feature costs $16 and you get an Elk Mountain voucher, Mountain Magazine, there are stickers and posters there, you can get pics with LaNina and the Valkyries and maybe win some stuff. http://www.moviesgamesnmore.org/2011/10/skiing-on-the-cheap/

It's a no brainer if you are within reach.