• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pro Form Tour De France bike

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
@Puck It seriously though I think ProForm is the cheaper of several Icon Fitness brands.

When I bought my treadmill (which is actually a Nordic Track) I found a great deal on their clearance items, I think I abought it directly from Nordic Track. It was $400 more expensive anywhere else.

It starting to have some issues (belt drag) but I bought he warranty for it (since I knew I would be using it) and it has one year left on it, so I gotta get the tech to come out and take a look.

Black Phantom

I think this is better suited for a warrior like yourself.

wpid-51pkexhm2bL.jpg

That's a pretty sweet ride but this would be cool on the longer distance treks.

overkill-bicycle-chopper.jpg

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
We have a Landice treadmill. Definitely well more than $1300...in fact...I believe its double. However, it is almost 9 years old...and the only thing that ever happened was that the speed sensor failed and started to throw some error codes. I went online found a troubleshooting guide...diagnosed it myself..called the company. Since we are the original owners, all parts were still under warranty and they sent it to me for free. 2 screws and one plug later, and the machine is as good as new. It is as good if not better than any other treadmill I've seen or used, in a gym included. That's what spending extra for a solid machine does. I can only give you the highest praise for Landice machines.

http://www.landice.com/

As far as the exercise bike.....IMHO, don't spend that much. Not sure if you are a cyclist, but this is especially true if you have a road bike. Buy a trainer for your bike....a $25 block for the front wheel and voila. For a couple of hundred dollars, you have an exercise bike that is MUCH better than anything else. It is your bike so you're in the same geometry you will be when riding on the road, which is huge. I spin for about 45-60 minutes on my trainer every morning during the off-season, (while watching skiing videos or World Cup racing, I dvr every race) and it is great conditioning. Just my 2 cents.

Highway Star

As far as the exercise bike.....IMHO, don't spend that much. Not sure if you are a cyclist, but this is especially true if you have a road bike. Buy a trainer for your bike....a $25 block for the front wheel and voila. For a couple of hundred dollars, you have an exercise bike that is MUCH better than anything else. It is your bike so you're in the same geometry you will be when riding on the road, which is huge. I spin for about 45-60 minutes on my trainer every morning during the off-season, (while watching skiing videos or World Cup racing, I dvr every race) and it is great conditioning. Just my 2 cents.

I'm with marc on this one, I've been looking for somthing to train in the winter, think my NEXT would work on a cheap used trainer if I could find one?

http://www.cyclingtipsblog.com/2009/04/rollers-vs-trainer/

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey @SkiDork , sorry about the delay in response, missed this earlier. I actually haven't used it that much, I prefer straight / normal running. The machine is just OK from a quality perspective. That said $394 seems pretty decent, when we did the infomercial a year ago it was > $800 I think.