• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Today I felt old because...

ctenidae

I felt all grown up when I built the crib. I'll feel old when I help my son build his unborn son's crib.

gmcunni

today i felt old because i remembered that we used to have to wait until 7:00 PM to make long distance phone calls to save $$

ctenidae

today i felt old because i remembered that we used to have to wait until 7:00 PM to make long distance phone calls to save $$

I watched "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" the other day, and the kid was confused by a rotary phone. I felt old because I got the joke. And remembered when we only had to dial the last 4 digits of a local number. And how big a fuss it was when we had to start dialing the last 2 numbers of the prefix. And then when we had to dial all 7 numbers, it was mayhem. Now I'm amazed by nutmeggers who don't use area codes.

Kerovick

Wow, I felt old because I remembered when you could just dail the 7 digits. You are old!

Glenn

Monday I felt old because I got excited that all the cardboard fit into the recycle barrel and the trash hauler took it all away.

gmcunni

because when i first started working in IT a 20 MEGABYTE (st-220) hard drive was considered a luxury and a 80 megabyte drive (ST-4096) was something only servers had in them .

now you can get a 64GIG drive on a key chain for chump change.

woot_sale.jpg

wa-loaf

because when i first started working in IT a 20 MEGABYTE (st-220) hard drive was considered a luxury and a 80 megabyte drive (ST-4096) was something only servers had in them .

woot_sale.jpg

images

Puck it

woot_sale.jpg

Manufacturing is hitting a little roadblock on 28nm device though. Manufacturers are saying they need to inspect wafers after every step. This will slow the shrinks and increase cost. Temporary though.

BTW. Inspection equipment companies may be a good buy.