• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Today I felt old because...

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
my cheap pos $60 4" tablet

has the same amount of storage as my first windows based PC....and 80% of that is on a square half the size of a postage stamp.
Memory was $100 a meg, 8 megs was pretty cool. I used to program in COBAL (cobOL?) and QBasic.
Crap, even at the job I'm at now, I used to program/run a a CMM with a pentium 150 processor, and it would run and print at the same time. Now I've got a 3.2 gig processer, 6 gig memory, and the thing crashes if I blink at it, but it sure has pretty colors and a stupid doggy sucking up resources thanks to Bill Gates marketing mastery.

Kids going into IT...smart move. Seems like he was enthralled with his plastic steamshovel yesterday..

Warp Daddy

I had a 82 Jetta GL, that was a fun car. Mechanically they were pretty sound, but all the other shit falls off. Door handles, window cranks, misc nobs, etc ...

Jeez u r right on target ! Had '79 Rabbit, '82 Jetta GL and 85 Jetta . All fun to drive but doors stuck , didn't have alloys BUT couldn't keep hub caps on ANY of them . But the 2 Jettas were really fun

Warp Daddy

Ok i'll play i'll b 69 tomorrow BUT damn i don't feel old YET

This trip ain't a dress rehearsal, so we'll just continue to put the petal to metal for all the rest o ' my days on this planet :D -----------------

- 'Tude trumps feeling sorry 4 yourself -- Rage On, Rock On and get off the damn couch :D:D

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
damn straight

I work with 38 year olds who put on 40 pounds after quitting mountain biking 'cuz they were "too old."
I also canoe pole whitewater with a 73 year old who just got his road racing licence, and races at Lime Rock in his porsche, as well as made two trips to Laguna seca over the winter. Got an 80 something year old paddling friend who basically blows anybody away on the crazy stuff, though he says 35' is his limit for waterfalls in his canoe these days.

o3jeff

so later in the day i got presented a "Fairfield Country Singles" ad, which generically speaking is OK.. EXCEPT it was showing me pictures of dudes.. not that there is anything wrong with that but not my preference.

What have you been searching for, don't the ads have something to do with your searches?

jimk

^Powder day attire?!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

You mean something like this?
3025969-poster-p-1-johnson-johnson-baby-ad-india-times.jpg

I am all too familiar with adult diapers:cry:

I feel old today because I never bothered to join Facebook and...
For the first time over a billion people used Facebook on a single day, according to company founder Mark Zuckerberg.
The "milestone" was reached on Monday 8/24/15, when "1 in 7 people on Earth used Facebook to connect with their friends and family", he said in a post.

In his post on Thursday, he predicted that Facebook's reach would continue to grow.
"This was the first time we reached this milestone, and it's just the beginning of connecting the whole world," Mr Zuckerberg wrote.

I never joined because I thought, "why bother, it will be replaced by something else soon." Still waiting:razz:

ScottySkis

You mean something like this?
3025969-poster-p-1-johnson-johnson-baby-ad-india-times.jpg

I am all too familiar with adult diapers:cry:

I feel old today because I never bothered to join Facebook and...
For the first time over a billion people used Facebook on a single day, according to company founder Mark Zuckerberg.
The "milestone" was reached on Monday 8/24/15, when "1 in 7 people on Earth used Facebook to connect with their friends and family", he said in a post.

In his post on Thursday, he predicted that Facebook's reach would continue to grow.
"This was the first time we reached this milestone, and it's just the beginning of connecting the whole world," Mr Zuckerberg wrote.

I never joined because I thought, "why bother, it will be replaced by something else soon." Still waiting:razz:

I like it for connection to family and friends seeing pictures and hear ing stuff on there but it has it negative s to.

ctenidae

I felt old this morning because in a conversation with the young'uns in the office they didn't know who Don Ho was.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Don't know how I missed this thread. I've felt old since 1995 when my 15 year old step kid didn't know who the Beatles were. Now he has two kids of his own - one of which starts first grade this year.

About the year this thread was started a friend sent me this:
b9296bd8411251b7ca757d08d6a99feb.jpg

Cornhead

I felt old about 10 yrs ago, I went to drive my Son's car and I had to slide the seat up to reach the pedals. Since that was 10 yrs ago, I now have all my bad body parts remind me daily of my age.

Tin

Playing hockey today with some high schoolers and I pulled a quad. Instantly felt like my leg was on fire. Little schits...