Today I felt old because... - Page 28

AlpineZone

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Well, I feel old because I think it's been 7 years since my last post. Used to post a bit, but somehow lost my password I thought, byt today, there it was ********lol.
    Anyways, gave up mtb awhile back, 7 years ago, cracked some ribs chasing Bvibert, and at 52 then, realized I wasn't going to heal so fast. Anyways, was out riding road on my mtb saturday, and ended up over at Scoville Rd., decided to check the trails out and the 200 yards in I went felt good. Turned around as I still had to ride home, no helmet etc, pretty much street tires on my bike. My son used to ride with me, now he's done 5 years in the Marines, is working for a contractor now, haven't heard from him in 4 years. At least the trails are there, think I'll be getting back out there, no more clipless, and hopping off for every feature.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm59 View Post
    Well, I feel old because I think it's been 7 years since my last post. Used to post a bit, but somehow lost my password I thought, byt today, there it was ********lol.
    Anyways, gave up mtb awhile back, 7 years ago, cracked some ribs chasing Bvibert, and at 52 then, realized I wasn't going to heal so fast. Anyways, was out riding road on my mtb saturday, and ended up over at Scoville Rd., decided to check the trails out and the 200 yards in I went felt good. Turned around as I still had to ride home, no helmet etc, pretty much street tires on my bike. My son used to ride with me, now he's done 5 years in the Marines, is working for a contractor now, haven't heard from him in 4 years. At least the trails are there, think I'll be getting back out there, no more clipless, and hopping off for every feature.
    Make amends with your son. Life is too short!

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    Make amends with your son. Life is too short!
    Trust me, I would if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by mattm59 View Post
    Trust me, I would if I could.
    So sorry...

oh, no worries...well, not many anyways. Appreciate your response.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    The station used to play 50s-70s in the early 90s and have advanced their playlist every ten years. I almost never listen to that station but my wife does and gets pissed when I hop in her car and automatically change the channel
    Some of us might be lucky enough to hear dub step on the oldies station before we die.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Some of us might be lucky enough to hear dub step on the oldies station before we die.

because I was freaking out for not sleeping on TIME.

i switched to a Mac for my work laptop and now i miss windows 10.

shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

Thread Information