• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf/USA: AZ Challenge-2006 Response/Feedback Thread

Bumpsis

Sugarloaf is my favorite resort in the east by far, but I always had a hard time finding affordable accomodations up there. Some of the deals they usually offer are pretty good if you're going to ski every day and are willing to stack a condo up to the rafters with people who don't mind sleeping on any available flat surface. However, if you've got a family, you either pay huge money or forget it.

The on-the mountain rates for a family during the "school vacation" week for instance are just untouchable for me. And because there isn't much competition from near by off mountain properties, I hate to say, but I'm priced out of that moutain.

I'm really not a big fan of development, but I'd make an exception for that area. The place could use a few cheap hotels down the mountain.

K2Trav

Website
www.k2trav.com
An expansion plan always seems cool at first, but when you think about this plan, its not thought out at all. They said they would try to work with a real estate developer to build the new lifts and trails. If you notice there is no hotel planned for west mtn either

Bumpsis

Buy property :D Then you can stay for free...after the house is paid off at least :rolleyes:

I thought about it but hate the idea of being tied down to one place, even if it is Sugarloaf.
I'd rather find deals where I can and keep the money for some cool travel experiences.

Birdman829

I thought about it but hate the idea of being tied down to one place, even if it is Sugarloaf.
I'd rather find deals where I can and keep the money for some cool travel experiences.

Yeah I know what you mean. I don't personally own property there, but I worked for my godfather builiding his 3rd house there (he's been there since 1984!) so I'm welcome anytime. For the last 3 years, I haven't really skied anywhere but the Loaf other than a few day trips here and there. I'm sort of glad that that will be changing this year since I'm at UVM and have a Sugarbush pass and I'm gonna ski Jay a few times too. I can still get back to the Loaf over winter and spring break so I'm pumped for this season.