• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

skiur

If you had any idea how far from the truth that is right now, you'd be snarfing Duff, Duff Light, Duff Dry or Duff Dark through your nose! [emoji23][emoji23]

Tomorrow marks 60 days since I last had a beer, with 15 more to go to win a challenge that my wife put me up to! She didn't think I could make it through our kids fall sports seasons without having a beer!!! Saturday, Oct 27th can't arrive soon enough!! Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

No beer is easy, that leaves booze and wine readily available.......what do you win after the 60 days?

Glenn

If you had any idea how far from the truth that is right now, you'd be snarfing Duff, Duff Light, Duff Dry or Duff Dark through your nose! [emoji23][emoji23]

Tomorrow marks 60 days since I last had a beer, with 15 more to go to win a challenge that my wife put me up to! She didn't think I could make it through our kids fall sports seasons without having a beer!!! Saturday, Oct 27th can't arrive soon enough!! Lol

Wow! Good for you Jeff! I'll raise one in your honor tonight.

tumbler

Myself, and a good number of my ski friends are the type of consumers ski resorts crave. We buy our passes early, we're there if not every, than most every weekend they're open each season, we spend money on other programs for our kids, we buy plenty of food and beverage from the mountain establishments, we come up and enjoy what the mountain has to offer year round, we bring our friends with us, who spend money at the mountain, and yes, we have a few adult beverages too in what feels to us like our hometown bar. If partaking in the full range of activities that a resort offers makes those of us who do it somewhat less of a mountain enthusiast, so be it. Pretty sure that GM's across the country crave loyal customers who drive revenue on a year round basis, and value their opinion as to what does and doesn't work when it comes to the core crowd

Sounds exactly like me.

cdskier

No beer is easy, that leaves booze and wine readily available.......what do you win after the 60 days?

I could do no beer for 60 days easily, but no wine would be an issue for me for sure.

drjeff

The bet was no booze, of any kind, and after my 75 days, there will be no comments whatsoever from my wife when she sees the VISA bill in the coming month or so for the pair of skis that I'm thinking about buying :wink:

bdfreetuna

Congrats 60/75 days off a major achievement.

I try to set small goals.. like keep it to 3 cans on a week night. Your method is admirable though!

drjeff

Not asking for a definitive, hold you too it in a court of law, answer by any means. But might I want to call my favorite ski shop up in the Valley today to ask very kindly if all of my family's gear is ready for use this weekend just to be safe?

I'm looking for any "excuse" to get out of mass quantities of yard work this coming weekend that I can find!! [emoji6]

sull1102

Not asking for a definitive, hold you too it in a court of law, answer by any means. But might I want to call my favorite ski shop up in the Valley today to ask very kindly if all of my family's gear is ready for use this weekend just to be safe?

I'm looking for any "excuse" to get out of mass quantities of yard work this coming weekend that I can find!! [emoji6]

In the same boat, my board badly needs some work done to it so wondering if I still have time to do said work or if I should be prepping for sometime in the next several days...

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
freefallwhales.jpg
Whales building up on Free Fall.

We know you're all eager for an opening day announcement. We'll see how things go today and then should hopefully have something to annouce later today...

Zand

Have my vacation slip ready for Thursday if you pull this off! Can't do Friday though :(