• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

nhskier1969

Skied over the weekend, skiing was fun, visibility up top on Saturday was tough but conditions were good. I thought I would share this photo with everyone.
skiracks.jpg

cdskier

Skied over the weekend, skiing was fun, visibility up top on Saturday was tough but conditions were good. I thought I would share this photo with everyone.
View attachment 25103

LOL. At times this season they have had staff picking up skis that were left on the ground and putting them in the racks. Saw them doing that at the base of ME a couple weeks ago (might have been closing weekend when I saw that).

skiur

View attachment 25103

I would have no problem stepping on/kicking those skis out of my way. If the racks were full I would be a little more understanding but there are empty racks 10 feet away.

Smellytele

I would have no problem stepping on/kicking those skis out of my way. If the racks were full I would be a little more understanding but there are empty racks 10 feet away.

I was thinking the ski area should throw them all together in a big pile like a bonfire ready to happen. With a can of gasoline next to it.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WinS

That
Ikon pass holders, for sure.

That is not true. This is not limited to any one group of visitors. While this is aggravating, it has gotten better.

And it looks like we might have a decent Saturday and first part of Sunday with the Grift playing in the courtyard Saturday afternoon.

Hawk

The Grift on the courtyard and Sunny skies in the afternoon. Temps are looking great also. Truly a great weekend. I will also be attending the celebration of Dave Gould. I know it will be sad but in the spirit of Dave, I am going to smile and think of my best joke or funny story. I may even leave my skis on the snow for good measure. LOL See you all there.

cdskier

That is not true. This is not limited to any one group of visitors. While this is aggravating, it has gotten better.

And it looks like we might have a decent Saturday and first part of Sunday with the Grift playing in the courtyard Saturday afternoon.

I'm thinking that ThinkSnow's comment may have been said a bit jokingly just because blaming Ikon is the popular thing to do nowadays! Anyone that has been here for a while knows that skis on the ground thing has been happening long before Ikon. I do agree it has gotten better most days.

Looking forward to some good spring skiing this weekend! Not many weekends left and I already am losing the one after Easter due to a family commitment. :(

cdskier

Ha! Slow on the uptake this morning but looking out the window at a sunny day so headed out to enjoy Day 134 :)

You suck! (And I mean that in the nicest way possible while I sit here in my office 300 miles away from Sugarbush!) :razz: :grin:

HowieT2

You suck! (And I mean that in the nicest way possible while I sit here in my office 300 miles away from Sugarbush!) :razz: :grin:

Agreed. depressing to us nyc metro folks. But at 134 there's a legit shot at 150. most impressive. #jealous

tumbler

I hope you will be able to farm enough snow to keep castlerock open this weekend. I don't mind if I have to do a little walking.

Off season improvement request- I'm all for natural skiing on castlerock but can a spur line be put down the connection from DS and across the bridge to hit the connection down from DS and just the work road under lift where is always melts out. That's it. 5 hydrants.

cdskier

I hope you will be able to farm enough snow to keep castlerock open this weekend. I don't mind if I have to do a little walking.

Off season improvement request- I'm all for natural skiing on castlerock but can a spur line be put down the connection from DS and across the bridge to hit the connection down from DS and just the work road under lift where is always melts out. That's it. 5 hydrants.

Are you listening in to my conversations? I was literally on the phone saying that exact same thing to my cousin about an hour ago!

Also hoping CR is open this weekend as I want to get some last runs in over there!

KustyTheKlown

I’m doing sugarbush Saturday specifically for castle rock

It’s open today so its should last til the weekend. Win?

tumbler

Snow report this afternoon says it will be open but last weekend for it. Also last weekend for north lynx and village Q

teleo

The Grift on the courtyard and Sunny skies in the afternoon. Temps are looking great also. Truly a great weekend.

You better not have jinxed this. Been waiting a while for a sat like that this yeat. How do I put the reverse jinx on?

Thought last weekend was going to last for the rock. Psyched thay moved some snow around. Although I'm fine with walking to the lift.

teleo

Who's putting a snowman on the mid mtn snow stake? 2cnd time this week I've seen one. Sorta cool though.[emoji3511]
9545842509ddb7f6f8ba3162eeb003ee.jpg