• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

AdironRider

My friends in Maine are killing it right now in their grow rooms.
Shit is amazing...

All my wife's friends from high school that became contractors are driving new trucks with all the bells and whistles, bought cash. Electricians, plumbers, etc.

People are making serious coin.

Jcb890

My friends in Maine are killing it right now in their grow rooms.
Shit is amazing...

All my wife's friends from high school that became contractors are driving new trucks with all the bells and whistles, bought cash. Electricians, plumbers, etc.

People are making serious coin.
Where does it go from here though? Almost seems foolish to try and start getting into things now with so much uncertainty around recreational legalization and how the states/towns plan to run things and stock these stores.

AdironRider

Maine is one of the highest taxed states in the country. They'll figure out a way to get their share.

I wouldn't put my money into a direct weed investment either. But I did find it interesting the spill over effects to the trades. Like Levi's, the real money is made mining the miners.

Jcb890

Maine is one of the highest taxed states in the country. They'll figure out a way to get their share.

I wouldn't put my money into a direct weed investment either. But I did find it interesting the spill over effects to the trades. Like Levi's, the real money is made mining the miners.
I'm more talking about the feasibility of growing at this point in the game.

If the state governments were smart, they'd grow in a large enough scale to outprice all of their competition even with hefty taxes included. However, I don't know that they'll go that route. Even California and Colorado stores aren't quite as low as their grey-market competitors. Will recreational shops be forced to source through certain state-approved people? I'm not sure the legislation and rules behind that part of it I guess.

AdironRider

I'm not in Colorado, but a lot of my buddies are. A good buddy also is a provider in Montana. It'll be different from state to state, but lets put it this way, I don't know anyone or any business that has lost money growing or selling pot. It is to easy to grow.

You don't see some guy for weed anymore, there is literally a store most likely around the corner. It really works as advertised getting it off the street so to speak.

You'll never see a state growing until it is legal on a federal level.

Jcb890

I'm not in Colorado, but a lot of my buddies are. A good buddy also is a provider in Montana. It'll be different from state to state, but lets put it this way, I don't know anyone or any business that has lost money growing or selling pot. It is to easy to grow.

You don't see some guy for weed anymore, there is literally a store most likely around the corner. It really works as advertised getting it off the street so to speak.

You'll never see a state growing until it is legal on a federal level.
Interesting about Montana and I agree about it being different state-to-state.
I can see your 2nd point being true and not true depending on pricing, quality and customer comfort/feel.

AdironRider

The quality at the stores is pretty awesome. It also is tested so you know going into it just how high you are going to get, within reason.

Also the past year or two prices have really dropped now that the system is up and running for a couple years. 100 dollar ounces are pretty damn cheap.

With the street dealers though, they just moved on to pills, coke or whatever, so the taking it off the street thing isn't some great new thing, but a start.

Jcb890

The quality at the stores is pretty awesome. It also is tested so you know going into it just how high you are going to get, within reason.

Also the past year or two prices have really dropped now that the system is up and running for a couple years. 100 dollar ounces are pretty damn cheap.

With the street dealers though, they just moved on to pills, coke or whatever, so the taking it off the street thing isn't some great new thing, but a start.
Yes, I understand all that also. That is a lot cheaper than I saw when I was out in CO in 2017. Sent you a PM as well by the way.

Funky_Catskills

Where does it go from here though? Almost seems foolish to try and start getting into things now with so much uncertainty around recreational legalization and how the states/towns plan to run things and stock these stores.

They grow for themselves..

Glenn

No date; just says "A few days from now".

Business wise, that's probably a good location. Not sure exactly where it is, but Northampton has access to 91 traffic. Wouldn't be surprised if they see folks from VT heading down now that VT has relaxed their laws somewhat.

I did LOL at the "But most UMASS students won't be old enough to legally purchase..." I'm sure they'll find away around that hurdle.

Ol Dirty Noodle

I just got back from a week in Cali smoking the best weed and eating gross amounts of edibles, NY needs to hurry the fuck up

chuckstah

First 2 shops in MA open this coming Tuesday. One in North Hampton, one in Leicester.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

ScottySkis

https://www.facebook.com/360406884329828/posts/821833454853833/i every time I see NY Legalization is finally close I hope
I believe it when I see it
By the way I been sober from any type of drug since October 2017
Life been a rollercoaster for me.
I now l in sober place which is great price for rent
I hoped it become legal yesterday for everyone
Waiting to close this thread when fully legalized in every state and federal government
!

Last edited: