• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the cheap - 2019-2020

crazy

The MyChamplainValley cards for this year are up for sale.

$165, which seems reasonable.

No Cannon. This might be a deal breaker for me.

Curious to hear people's thoughts on this. Will you get one?

Smellytele

$165, which seems reasonable.

No Cannon. This might be a deal breaker for me.

The no cannon has me thinking not. Already have 5 tickets to MRG. 3 to Bretton woods. Have 2 fers to smuggs. Hitting Burke on a 3 fer 1 Wednesday.
Magic would be the loss.
Did suicide 6 used to be on there as well?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bdfreetuna

No Cannon is a bummer but Cannon offers these deals anyway:

[h=3]Tuesdays & Thursdays[/h] Tickets are just 2-for-$82 or 1-for-$55*
(*Not valid 12/26/19, 2/18/20, 2/20/20)

So it's not a deal breaker. I'll still be relying on MyChamplainValley card for a good chunk of the ski season and likely use it 7 or 8 times. One for me one for the wife.

BenedictGomez

Nope.

This used to be my #1 favorite S.O.T.C. deal, but I havent gotten it in years now. Mountain mix continues to suffer if they lost Cannon (after losing Jay Peak a few years back). Now you need to use it at least 5 times for it to be a decent deal, and that's too much.

EDIT: Though I may buy when it gets slashed to $99 circa March 5th because they priced it too high (again).

KustyTheKlown

still a good deal. just bought one.

gets me to mad river, smuggs, burke. adds to my bank of magic days. gets me an ADK weekend. may check out breton for first time.

$27.50/day if i hit the 6 i know i will hit (smuggs, burke, magic, mad, gore,whiteface). $23.50 if i get to breton.

Skrn

Just bought 2. Have Ikon but want to try new resorts like MRG, Magic, Whiteface, Smuggler Burk3 and Bretton Woods.

bdfreetuna

Does anyone know when Middlebury Snow Bowl usually closes? I have a place booked up near Stowe for the last week of March into April. Just curious is Middlebury is even expected to be open then, assuming a decent snow year and no severe thaw.

bdfreetuna

What sorts of prices do they have lift tickets for? Have you used them before? Just curious before jumping in.

It's listed on his link. From earlier today (and I'm considering this just for a Smuggs ticket):

MSC membership + 2 Berkshire East tix: $75
MSC membership + 1 Smuggs tix: $40

The Mountain Sports Club itself is OK if you ski with a partner most of the time; it's mostly 2-for-1 deals or $15 off here and there.

I prefer the Ride and Ski Card, although this year many of their deals have been reduced from 50% to 40% off (as prices have continued to rise). At least Ride and Ski Card covers a few more bases for a solo Vermont-area skier. It's likely they'll be giving away passes at the Boston Ski Show in a couple weeks with purchase of their passes as well.

But as I said Mountain Sports Club is currently looking good even if only viewed as a way to get a one or more pre-season passes on the cheap. I've used MSC a few years in the past but the 2-for-1 thing sort of put me off of it.

I have tickets to the Warren Miller event with my wife and a friend... can't beat it for 1x Smuggs early/late season, 1x Sugarbush midweek, 1x Wachusett early/late, and a Killington 2-for-1... maybe the movie will be good too!

BenedictGomez

What sorts of prices do they have lift tickets for? Have you used them before? Just curious before jumping in.

Years ago MSC was great for all sorts of discounts. Now it's pretty much only worth joining as a "payment" for 1 cheap ticket. My guess is it will cease to exist within 5 years. Such is the path of most S.O.T.C. deals sadly.

crazy

Thank you both for the info.

It sounds like Ski No Boundaries is posting their lift ticket deals for the season next week.

p_levert

It's listed on his link. From earlier today (and I'm considering this just for a Smuggs ticket):

MSC membership + 2 Berkshire East tix: $75
MSC membership + 1 Smuggs tix: $40

The Mountain Sports Club itself is OK if you ski with a partner most of the time; it's mostly 2-for-1 deals or $15 off here and there.

I have used MSC to buy tickets. I consider the MSC membership to be largely worthless, but the ticket deals are good.

If you want, for example, 4 Berkshire East tickets, I am pretty sure you can join twice. The owner of MSC doesn't care about multiple memberships from the same person. At least, in the past he didn't care.

bdfreetuna

I have used MSC to buy tickets. I consider the MSC membership to be largely worthless, but the ticket deals are good.

If you want, for example, 4 Berkshire East tickets, I am pretty sure you can join twice. The owner of MSC doesn't care about multiple memberships from the same person. At least, in the past he didn't care.

Can confirm that the tickets, when sent, are just basic print-out stubs. Completely transferable. I'm sure one could theoretically get as many memberships as one has email accounts, family members and/or aliases.

Smellytele

Can confirm that the tickets, when sent, are just basic print-out stubs. Completely transferable. I'm sure one could theoretically get as many memberships as one has email accounts, family members and/or aliases.
Total transferable - no names on them and yes I have joined multiple times in the past using differnt email addresses.

steve22

mail
[h=1]New England's Best Lift Ticket Deals[/h]
We're excited to announce our unbeatable lift ticket deals for this season. At No Boundaries, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to ski or ride, and we hope that these deals make it possible for many of you to hit the slopes this winter.
The prices shown below are for adult lift tickets, but rates for children, teens, and seniors are even lower in most cases! We also offer discounted rentals at each of these mountains. Remember, it's free to become a No Boundaries member, but you must be logged in to see and purchase these incredible deals.

It's only November, so don't be surprised if we add even more deals as the season goes on!
Also, don't forget about our 3 day/2 night Ski & Stay Deal at Jay Peak for as low as $230 per person and our 2 day/2 night Ski & Stay Deal at Killington for as low as $215 per person. Both of these deals will sell out soon!
Mark your calendars and get your gear together; winter is here! We hope to see you on the slopes soon.

crazy

Happy to see the No Boundaries deals posted. These look good. Can't help but imagine that they're going to have a harder time next year when Wildcat, Attitash, and Mount Snow presumably no longer participate. I wouldn't mind seeing more deals with some of the smaller resorts like Magic, Bromley, Waterville, or even a place like Bolton or Smuggs.