• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter time what hills will AZ people go to this season

BenedictGomez

I wouldn't consider that list too confining!

We'll live, but it's far fewer places than we normally get to. Plus no West trip.

My wife's family lives close enough to Smuggs, Stowe, JP, and Sutton that we can get "free" family babysitting.

With Magic, there's a lodge right on top of the hill that would be really convenient to stay at. I figure we can buy 1 lift ticket & each ski a 1/2 day while the other person stays in the lodge watching TV & babysitting. I've read that's what lots of people with infants do.

MEtoVTSkier

Oh, so theft of services doesn’t apply?!?

Bretton Woods actually sells tickets for this...

Family Interchangeable Tickets are available at any ticket window, Mom and Dad may purchase two identical alpine lift tickets at the single-ticket price. Only one may be used at any given time. Regular full-day daily ticket pricing applies.

I'm sure it's possible other mountains do too...

crank

Have Ikon base pass.

Hoping to get my 5 days at Sugarbush and Killington/Pico. Possibly hit Loon and Sunday River and Stratton as well.

We are spending NYE in Quebec (brrr) and then skiing Mont Ste. Anne and Le Massif for a day each.

Steamboat for a week in January.

Jackson Hole for a Week in February.

Mellow skiing week in Italy's Dolomites at Val di Fassa in March.

May meet a friend out in SLC at some point.

Pez

I have a Friday December 13 date with my back surgeon (kind of fitting day). This will be winter number 2 off the skis as my November of last year surgery did not do enough to clear me up. I am hoping that 20-21 will be a good year of skiing for me.

I lost 2007-2010 with an ACL and other knee and life issues. I also lost a season as a kid due to a broken hip. I feel ya.

Also lost 02-03 due to shoulder surgery. ugh.

Tonyr

I bought the Epic local passes this year and have so far planned Hunter, MRG, Stowe, Jay Peak, Keystone, Breckenridge, Vail, and Beaver Creek. We are going to do a trip in April as well at an epic resort in UT, CA, or Whistler in that order weather dependent. Sound be a fun year!

Tony

BenedictGomez

Oh, so theft of services doesn’t apply?!?

How is that theft of services?

It's still 1 person skiing all day & it's a husband & wife doing so solely for infant-care. And at least the hill makes money in this case rather than the hill making 0 money.

Theft of services is when the guy takes the lift ticket & sells it in the parking lot at noon for $25, which takes $$$ directly out of the hill's pocket.

cdskier

How is that theft of services?

It's still 1 person skiing all day & it's a husband & wife doing so solely for infant-care. And at least the hill makes money in this case rather than the hill making 0 money.

Theft of services is when the guy takes the lift ticket & sells it in the parking lot at noon for $25, which takes $$$ directly out of the hill's pocket.

If the ticket specifically says it is non-transferable (as most do), then he's right that it is technically theft of services. It doesn't matter whether or not you get money from it. If you give your ticket to a stranger in the parking lot it would be the same thing.

Same reason you can't share a season pass even if there's only one person using it at a time.

janski

hope to get back on skis this year, had to move last years new England pass to this year, so it will be SR,Loaf for some reason the forum thinks I am my wife. Darent

NYDB

Mount Snow - 1 Day Early Season 11/15. Haven't been here since the ASC days
Killington - Probably once or twice early season, and hopefully spring skiing
Magic - Most weekends and holidays will be there
Stratton - Close to house, early season groomers and days made for snowmaking (refreeze after rain)
Pico - Want to get up there 1 Day after new years to show kids
Bush - Another After new years day trip. Spent so much time up there during college, want to show wife and kids the area.
Bolton - probably won't make it, but would love squeezing in a good snow day there
Platty - same as Bolton
Big Sky - Preznits week booked
A Basin - Hopefully a long weekend in Late April

I have an Ikon and Magic pass and a place in So Vt so I am based out of there. Probably 30 ish days.

Last edited:

boston_e

If the ticket specifically says it is non-transferable (as most do), then he's right that it is technically theft of services. It doesn't matter whether or not you get money from it. If you give your ticket to a stranger in the parking lot it would be the same thing.

Same reason you can't share a season pass even if there's only one person using it at a time.

Technically it probably is... although I doubt most mountains would give a couple with a newborn much grief for doing this.

boston_e

We did Pico passes and Ikon Base...

For Sure:
Pico
Killington
Winter Park
Copper

Potentially Suicide 6, Queechee and Okemo (If my kids decide to do any races).

Maybe mix it up a bit and do Sunday River and Sugarbush to see some friends.

ThinkSnow

Technically it probably is... although I doubt most mountains would give a couple with a newborn much grief for doing this.
So what you're saying is that on a day I only feel like skiing a half day, I could just split a lift ticket with a ski buddy, and the mountain would be OK with that if I tell them we have a baby?

boston_e

So what you're saying is that on a day I only feel like skiing a half day, I could just split a lift ticket with a ski buddy, and the mountain would be OK with that if I tell them we have a baby?

Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

Pez

The usual three:
Blandford
Butternut
Mt Snow

Also
Killington (want to seethe changes they've made)
Bromely
Magic (looking to return here after many years)
Sugarbush (never really skied there)

If I get out west it'll probably be Big Sky again.

GregoryIsaacs

For Sure (Have the Epic Local):

Mount Snow
Park City
Snowbasin
Vail
Breck
Abasin
Keystone
Loveland
Attitash
Wildcat
Okemo

Hopefuls:
Jay
Magic
Crotched
Stowe

BenedictGomez

Parents of newborns sharing a ticket is so commonly done I didnt even know it's not allowed at some places. Which I suspect it really isn't if the policy will never be enforced. Good luck handling that PR thermonuclear bomb!

But besides the potential PR nightmare it's just stupid business to not let parents of a newborn ski on a lift ticket for infant care. The money from selling 1 lift ticket & a couple of lunch meals is better than $0.00.

No, because that would simply be a lie.

Could you buy a Senior ticket if you "tell them" you're 70 years old? No, because that would simply be a lie.

Last edited:

abc

Parents of newborns sharing a ticket is so commonly done I didnt even know it's not allowed at some places. Which I suspect it really isn't if the policy will never be enforced. Good luck handling that PR thermonuclear bomb!

But besides the potential PR nightmare it's just stupid business to not let parents of a newborn ski on a lift ticket for infant care. The money from selling 1 lift ticket & a couple of lunch meals is better than $0.00.
Unless the mountain wants you to pay for baby-sitting AND two tickets... (I doubt it)

Anyway, how is it typically done? Do you just go to the ticket office and ask them to please take the ticket off your jacket and put it on your wife's?

Jcb890

No, because that would simply be a lie.

Could you buy a Senior ticket if you "tell them" you're 70 years old? No, because that would simply be a lie.
As a couple who had a baby last year, we were provided no benefits or discounts. I asked if we would be able to share a pass and was unequivocally told 'NO'. Sharing of pass is not allowed.
We may have been able to get away with it on a day-to-day basis, but Peak/Mt. Snow absolutely said it was not allowed.