• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thread for debate about what right for customer VS resorts

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
I stick to Greg Stump's films. Absolutely classic. You can't go wrong with Fistful of Moguls, Maltese Flamingo, Blizzard of Aahhh's, License to Thrill, etc. WM, Matchstick, TGR... they got nothin' on Stumpy!

BenedictGomez

They jump from scene to scene too quickly

Oh yeah, I definitely get that.

Sometimes it's jarring. EXTREME slow-mo-close-up, then all of a sudden a wide angle of someone pillow-dropping.

The great lengths they go to to get perfect shots of the tips or under-tips of skis so there's NO DOUBT it's a pair of Kastle skis gets me. LOL

abc

Just strikes me as promoting a lifestyle of arrested development.
But I wonder if that’s REALLY what they’re selling! Skiing is just one of the many excuse?

I got the feeling there’re A LOT of peeps out there who are disillusioned with being a “grown up”, and wish they can turn back the clock and be an irresponsible teenagers.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I stick to Greg Stump's films. Absolutely classic. You can't go wrong with Fistful of Moguls, Maltese Flamingo, Blizzard of Aahhh's, License to Thrill, etc. WM, Matchstick, TGR... they got nothin' on Stumpy!

Another vote for Stump.

Good to have you back BMM.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ScottySkis

Scotty must be thrilled his 2nd thread in a row got sidetracked ;)

One plus side to watching the Warren Miller movie was my wife is no longer bugging me to ski France and Switzerland :lol:

Warren Miller has some competition ie Matchstick Productions and Teton Gravity Research. I've enjoyed some of their movies a bit more, although you still get global warming segments.

The only ski films that actually interest me are whatever Ski The East puts out, formerly Meathead Films, and other Eastern US/Eastern Canada stuff on YouTube.

I can't stand these guys in their late 20's/30s+ who act like high school levels of maturity with the same trucker hats and hipster glasses. The ski girls tend to be pretty cute but as if they're on some permanent mental trip. I guess extreme skiing is pretty heady. Just strikes me as promoting a lifestyle of arrested development.

No I don't mind that actually why I started this thread. I just didn't know how to title the subject for the situation
But it's out perfectly

kingslug

I still watch the old movies..WM and TGR. I prefer them to the new ones. Watching Jeremy Nobis straight line an Alaska face his first time out is always fun. I used to meet them at the films in NYC at the Limelight.