• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

BenedictGomez

AND THUS MY PROPHECY HAS COME COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!

WCAX News has confirmed federal charges will happen Wednesday in Vermont's largest fraud scandal ever.

This was heretofore the ONLY bit that I predicted years ago, which had not yet happened.

BenedictGomez

The four defendants are also accused of falsifying job numbers for the EB-5 projects. Each investment of $500,000 was to generate 10 direct or indirect jobs. Federal prosecutors say Stenger, Quiros, Kelly and Choi “created deceptions about both construction jobs and operational jobs.”

Ya dont say?

MG Skier

Wow, the story continues......what would we do if we didn't have AZ to react to..............oh wait, that was last week.
What a mess indeed in Vt.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Specific Burke information:

The Burke Mountain Resort opened its winter operations on November 23, 2018, which
was the earliest the slopes were open at Burke since the 1990's. Above average snowfal122 and
early season cold temperatures (which allowed for efficient snowmaking, helped shape the
winter season). The resort ceased winter operations on April 14, 2019, the first year in the
resort's known history in which operations exceeded 130 days for a season. At the end of March
(the mid-point in its fiscal year), the resort registered a 26% increase in sales. Other gains include:
the number of skier visits increased 20%; season pass revenue was up 13%; hotel room
nights increased 47%, pushing lodging revenue up 29%; and food and beverage sales gained
26%. Although the Burke Mountain Resort is trending in the right direction, it is still losing
money and the Receiver is supplementing its operations from the proceeds of litigation
recoveries and the sale of Burke Mountain related properties.

[....]

The Bike Park opens on May 25, 2019. Last season saw triple digit growth in Bike Park
visits. Management expects continued, but more measured growth this season. Current ski
season pass sales for fiscal year 2020 are already up 17%. The resort has been nominated by Ski
Are Management (the professional trade organization for mountain resorts) for a best marketing
campaign aware for the winter season. The Burke Mountain Resort will maintain with a strong
brand marketing campaign to continue to grow sales.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
ffs, I am computer-literate but I cannot find what time Burke opens its lifts. I need to know mid-season weekend hours. Is it 8am or 8:30am first chair???

I am now EXTREMELY familiar with the Burke website and various Google keyword searches including "ski Burke", "hours", "lifts", and "operating hours".

VTKilarney

ffs, I am computer-literate but I cannot find what time Burke opens its lifts. I need to know mid-season weekend hours. Is it 8am or 8:30am first chair???

I am now EXTREMELY familiar with the Burke website and various Google keyword searches including "ski Burke", "hours", "lifts", and "operating hours".

Generally it’s 9:00 AM. If there is a race it can be earlier.

Information can be found here: http://skiburke.com/skiing-and-riding/the-mountain/trails-lifts-and-grooming/