• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cold January on tap

slatham

Yes January is looking cold, certainly to start. Couple weather guys I follow have been pretty good with cold Nov, warmer Dec and now have been predictng a colder J/F/M. Hope it pans out.

Unfortunately we may pay the price next weekend. Hopefully the forecast improves but not great right now.

FBGM

Once the idiot in the White House gets impeached the global warming will start again. You know, the truth.

NYDB

Yes January is looking cold, certainly to start. Couple weather guys I follow have been pretty good with cold Nov, warmer Dec and now have been predictng a colder J/F/M. Hope it pans out.

Unfortunately we may pay the price next weekend. Hopefully the forecast improves but not great right now.

thats an understatement

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_23.jpg

Euro in agreement

slatham

January cold wave looking to be delayed according to current teleconnections, the MJO, etc.

abc

But then it’s getting colder again in today’s forecast... fingers crossed

What about Canada? Rain there even?

Last edited:

Glenn

Agreed. While not ideal, things are looking much better vs a few days ago.

Los

Josh Fox's latest post says February. So much for "Cold January on tap".

Newpylong

Yep, Saturday looks like a washout. It's getting obnoxious to see all the snow you just made wash away time after time.

mikec142

Early in the week, last week, this past Friday looked like a washout. On Thursday, the forecast shifted just enough that it didn't rain up in the MRV and Saturday and Sunday brought 6" of snow. Glad I went.

Was planning on going again this coming weekend. I'm gonna do the same thing as this past weekend. Game time decision on Thursday night/Friday morning.

kingslug

A lot of the reports don't take in the mountains. Hell it rains at the bottom of my road in Stamford but snows at my house up the hill.
I'll decide Friday but even if its Just Sunday I'll go up