• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

+1
Pizza Soul was so much more useful than an expanded realty office. Jason seemed to be doing well when I stopped in to chat last week. Apparently they wouldn't renew the lease or something like that. He said he never would have abandoned the village.
Good luck to him.

Blame the tenants upstairs. They kept taking the building owner to court over the "smell of pizza" and the "floor being too hot" from the pizza oven. Building owner got tired of constantly having to fight it. He told Jason that Jason could take over the court battles and fight it if he wanted to...but obviously Jason went the route of moving elsewhere (can't say I blame him).

But yes, not having Pizza Soul right there sucks.

tumbler

Is it a requirement of IKon to display the pass outside your jacket? Have seen them everywhere this weekend.

WinS

Is it a requirement of IKon to display the pass outside your jacket? Have seen them everywhere this weekend.

Nope. That is a personal decision. You will see some Sugarbush passholders theirs outside as well, but ours are not as noticeable since they are smaller and do not have a photo on them.

djd66

Blame the tenants upstairs. They kept taking the building owner to court over the "smell of pizza" and the "floor being too hot" from the pizza oven. Building owner got tired of constantly having to fight it. He told Jason that Jason could take over the court battles and fight it if he wanted to...but obviously Jason went the route of moving elsewhere (can't say I blame him).

But yes, not having Pizza Soul right there sucks.

That is really a shame. Too bad he could not just move into the first floor of the Reks. The guy was always super nice and worked his ass off during the season. In the past, I would place an order on Friday night after getting off exit 5 and he would have it waiting for me. Where is his new location? If possible I would like to try and continue doing business with him.

cdskier

That is really a shame. Too bad he could not just move into the first floor of the Reks. The guy was always super nice and worked his ass off during the season. In the past, I would place an order on Friday night after getting off exit 5 and he would have it waiting for me. Where is his new location? If possible I would like to try and continue doing business with him.

Yea, I would order from Rochester or so coming up 100 a lot of times on a Friday night and pick it up on the way to my condo. His new location is next to Mad Taco.

ducky

He'll do much better downtown. He's in the same row as Mad Taco, right by Mehurons. Village Square has got it going on with Stoke Ramen also open. Mad Taco, Canteen Creemee, Pizza Soul, and Stoke Ramen all in the same complex.

Hawk

I think Jason is doing really well down in the plaza. The people in the Mad Taco said his business has doubled down there. Much more traffic in town ya know.

I started coming on here to see what was going on at the mountain. Now I find there are a ton of people on here I know. Some of the things we talk about are fun and some are informative. There are people I would really like to meet. There are others not so much. It is clear who is like minded.

Hawk

He'll do much better downtown. He's in the same row as Mad Taco, right by Mehurons. Village Square has got it going on with Stoke Ramen also open. Mad Taco, Canteen Creemee, Pizza Soul, and Stoke Ramen all in the same complex.
Ducky did you hear there was a big fire at Infinite sports today. I heard that Mehurons and the other businesses on that side will be closed for at least a few weeks.

ducky

I did hear that. Not sure if it affected the side buildings or not. Sad for everyone. My wife's office is down by Tempest Books in Village Square.

tumbler

If true, that is terrible.

On another note, was surprised to walk into the Pub and had to wait to be seated. People hovering for your seats sometimes got annoying but was part of the charm, it is an art.

WinS

On another note, was surprised to walk into the Pub and had to wait to be seated. People hovering for your seats sometimes got annoying but was part of the charm, it is an art.

The system is actually working really well. I was a bit skeptical when originally proposed, but it has improved the guest experience and made it better for the Pub team. My family tried it for the first time today and gave it ��

Hawk

I was talking to Nina about the seating. They are doing that for Lunch only. After 3pm it goes back to the way it was. They wanted to try to maximize the seating for lunch because they have had to turn people away in the past,

mikec142

Super happy that I went up this past weekend. The forecast early in the week was creating doubt in my mind, but the forecast changed on Thursday. As I drove into the valley from Burlington on Saturday, it was misting/drizzling ever so slightly, but it changed to snow about a third of the way up the Lincoln Peak access road. Discovered some new (to me) stuff like Grand Stand Glades. Thought Cruiser and Exterminator skied really, really well.

The plan is to go up again this coming weekend, but it's weather dependent for me, and it's not looking good. Fingers crossed for forecast to change like it did this past week.

bumpcrasher

I know people enjoy hiking yet is Castlerock LIFT ever going to open? There appears to be sufficient coverage at this point in the season.

WinS

I know people enjoy hiking yet is Castlerock LIFT ever going to open? There appears to be sufficient coverage at this point in the season.

It is lack of snow around the base lift and entrance that is the issue.