• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Greek peak ?

camberstick

A few guys I know are heading up for the day and asked me to go. Should snow a little too. Any lift ticket deals or trail recommendations.?

Sirbannedalot

A few guys I know are heading up for the day and asked me to go. Should snow a little too. Any lift ticket deals or trail recommendations.?

No deals. Even if you get a bogo from the save around books or warren miller they have a new little scam. They created the "all day" ticket. And even though the coupons don't specify, they tell you that the coupons are only good on an all day ticket for $79. Can't be used on a day ticket 930 to 4p for $49. As for trails just ski them all. They are usually better if there is a rope up. Ski patrol doesn't like to open trails because they worry about scratching their new skis. If you go later in the week or weekend, make sure to get over to lift 5 when it is open. Ski it while you can because lift 5 breaks down often without notice. Avoid the quad as much as possible because it is a legit shit show even when it isn't busy. Lifties refuse to tell people they need to be up against the gate for it to open. This allows multiple empty chairs go by. They also don't have anyone to form and organized line and they won't pack the chairs no matter how long the line is. If you are lucky the double next to it will be running and no one will be riding it. Also a well known fact is the double next to the quad is much faster when you factor in how much the quad stops.

camberstick

No deals. Even if you get a bogo from the save around books or warren miller they have a new little scam. They created the "all day" ticket. And even though the coupons don't specify, they tell you that the coupons are only good on an all day ticket for $79. Can't be used on a day ticket 930 to 4p for $49. As for trails just ski them all. They are usually better if there is a rope up. Ski patrol doesn't like to open trails because they worry about scratching their new skis. If you go later in the week or weekend, make sure to get over to lift 5 when it is open. Ski it while you can because lift 5 breaks down often without notice. Avoid the quad as much as possible because it is a legit shit show even when it isn't busy. Lifties refuse to tell people they need to be up against the gate for it to open. This allows multiple empty chairs go by. They also don't have anyone to form and organized line and they won't pack the chairs no matter how long the line is. If you are lucky the double next to it will be running and no one will be riding it. Also a well known fact is the double next to the quad is much faster when you factor in how much the quad stops.

so should I bother or is it really THAT bad?

camberstick

found a cheap ticket, what the hell, can't be any worse than camelback. trees should be nice if we get the snow.

ScottySkis

found a cheap ticket, what the hell, can't be any worse than camelback. trees should be nice if we get the snow.

U had fun there
It nice hill. The only issue was the price That my friend above point out was ridiculous so reasonable price on lift ticket and u set.

Sirbannedalot

20200213_114913.jpg
20200213_105055.jpg
20200213_101926.jpg

This was today. We have benefited from being further north on the last storm. We have gotten a few inches here and there all season.

asnowmobiler

I gave it up a long time ago and miss it very much. It’s just not worth the investment of the long drive, 15K sled, Trailer and 40K truck for such a short season.
The few people I know around here haven’t been able to ride more than a handful of days locally in Pa.

camberstick

Fun day with the fresh cream cheese frosting. Really fun small hill,skis bigger than it looks. Nice glades.

Cornhead

Fun day with the fresh cream cheese frosting. Really fun small hill,skis bigger than it looks. Nice glades.
Glad you had a good experience. I'm glad Greek didn't go under after filing for bankruptcy. I live right between Greek and Elk. I'd like to alternate season passes, but Elk is around $900, Greek was $480 this year, iirc. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Greek, more variety than Elk. I'll be there tomorrow. It's going to be a chilly morning, but sunny and 30 by the afternoon.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

ScottySkis

Glad you had a good experience. I'm glad Greek didn't go under after filing for bankruptcy. I live right between Greek and Elk. I'd like to alternate season passes, but Elk is around $900, Greek was $480 this year, iirc. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Greek, more variety than Elk. I'll be there tomorrow. It's going to be a chilly morning, but sunny and 30 by the afternoon.

Have a great time

Sirbannedalot

Watch for jagged rocks and broken lifts. Maybe you can get evacuated next!