• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

slatham

I'm not sure what you mean by discounted.

If I ran a ski area what I would do is allow unused 2019-2020 product be used from March 1st, 2021 to close.

Yes, the COVID19 fears started in late-February, but March 1 is a "clean" date. This way you're not rewarding people who just sat on them to use them in December or January, and you really are compensating for the unprecedented viral closure, especially all those people who genuinely planned to use prepaid lift tickets, prepaid vouchers, snowchecks, etc.. in March or April.

My resolution limits any financial impact to the mountain (small though it would be anyway) & keeps all your customers happy ensuring 100% customer retention, which again I cannot stress enough how important that is.

By discounted I mean less than face value, normal definition, nothing tricky......

My suggestion is: you present your unused 19/20 prepaid ticket and you buy a day ticket during the 20/21 season for less than the walk up rate. Perhaps 1/2 price if bought during off peak times, smaller discount if at peak/holiday time. This way you get some value for your otherwise worthless 19/20 ticket, but the mountain gets a bit of revenue.

Or do view anything as less than full usage next year (or next March) not customer friendly?

Last edited:

MMP

By discounted I mean less than face value, normal definition, nothing tricky......

My suggestion is: you present your unused 19/20 prepaid ticket and you buy a day ticket during the 20/21 season for less than the walk up rate. Perhaps 1/2 price if bought during off peak times, smaller discount if at peak/holiday time. This way you get some value for your otherwise worthless 19/20 ticket, but the mountain gets a bit of revenue.

Or do view anything as less than full usage next year (or next March) not customer friendly?

Maybe a deal on a Thursday? This years voucher and $29 for a full day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

As I said, I wouldnt let them use it all year, I'd do March. And if you're going to do 1/2, you may as well do full.

But if the economy gets totally drilled, resorts may want to do anything they can to encourage visits.

ScottySkis

As I said, I wouldnt let them use it all year, I'd do March. And if you're going to do 1/2, you may as well do full.

But if the economy gets totally drilled, resorts may want to do anything they can to encourage visits.

Like sanitizing and cleaning everything for real important now

crazy

To everyone complaining about not being able to use unused lift tickets: does anybody know what the mountain looks like today? Is there even snow anymore after the rain and today's 60 degree temperatures? I wouldn't be surprised if last weekend was the final weekend of skiing, COVID-19 or not.

NYDB

Anyone know if the lift install is still a go this year?

If so, Magic will be installing one more lift this year than all of Vail corp.

icecoast1

Anyone know if the lift install is still a go this year?

If so, Magic will be installing one more lift this year than all of Vail corp.

It's already 90 percent done. And the latest update says they still plan on finishing it

skiur

Is installing a lift considered essential? I wouldn't think so.

Slidebrook87

They still have to do the motor room, tensioning, haul rope, chairs, return bullwheel, controls, comm lines, ramps, etc. There’s still quite a bit to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skiur

Construction has been deemed essential down here in MA, but Magic or the contractor might decide to hold for now.

Construction is not considered essential in MA as of 3-31. Also magic is not in MA so it is a moot point anyway.