• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who Has Bought Their 20/21 Pass Already?

Cobbold

1 out west, 2 Canada, one Maryland and one Virginia and then some discounts at 4 others in New England.

That’s quite a deal, what are the 4 mtns in New England? Did you use to ski at Brodie? Wonder if vail reduces their northeast pass price to be more competitive with the ragged mtn pass?

machski

That’s quite a deal, what are the 4 mtns in New England? Did you use to ski at Brodie? Wonder if vail reduces their northeast pass price to be more competitive with the ragged mtn pass?
Here you go, not free days at the 4 NE mountains so doubt Vail even considers this as comp.

Sister Resort Reciprocal Program
When you purchase your Mission: Affordable Season Pass to Ragged Mountain Resort, you are also gaining access to all Pacific Group Resorts across North America.

UNLIMITED access at Powderhorn Resort in Colorado

Unlimited access at Wisp Resort in Maryland

Access to Wintergreen Resort in Virginia any day the resort is open during the 2020-21 season, however, from December 26 - 31, 2020 and Saturdays in January and February, there will be a $39 skier density demand charged assessed

Access to Mt Washington Alpine Resort in British Columbia any day the resort is open during the 2020-21 season. The first 7 days are free, and there will be a CA$49 (about US$35) usage fee for any additional days.

New England Resort Reciprocal Program

Jay Peak (Jay, VT): 50% OFF Midweek and 25% OFF Weekends (non-holiday)

Pats Peak (Henniker, NH): 50% OFF Midweek and 25% OFF Weekends (non-holiday)

Ski Butternut (Great Barrington, MA): 50% OFF Midweek and 25% OFF Weekends (non-holiday)

Whaleback (Enfield, NH): 50% OFF Midweek and 25% OFF Weekends (non-holiday)

Mountain Biking at Highland Mountain Bike Park

Located in Northfield, NH (Exit 19 off of I-93)

50% off Monday – Friday Day Tickets, 25% off Saturday and Sunday Day Tickets at window rate. Not valid for online purchases.

1-time $109 (reg $129) Find Your Ride Program session. This learn-to program is the best way to try the sport of downhill mountain biking. Advanced Registration Required

To schedule your session email FYRide@highlandmountain.com or call (603) 286–7677

Must show receipt of 2019-20 Ragged Mountain Resort season pass and a Valid ID

Before going to Highland, go to their website and read their strict waiver policy. This policy is especially important for children under the age of 18.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

nhskier1969

I bet they hold off their price increase. The Ski Resort are getting crushed right now. I would like to know how many season passes they have sold this year vs. last year during the same period. I was about to do my seasonal rental at Sugarbush, I don't know if I will have the money to do it now. I differently would say over half the skiers out their are in the same boat. I bet the resorts will keep their pass discounts thru the summer. It will take at least that much time for all of us to catch up.

Zermatt

As a PSA I'll say it again....Pass insurance will not protect you if mountains do not open or there is no ski season.

ERJ-145CA

I bought my pass for Mountain Creek, my local area, in early February when they went on sale for $229. I also bought Mount Peter passes for me and my family when they went on sale in early March. $239 for my wife and I and $209 for my daughter.

Sent from my SM-G970U using AlpineZone mobile app

icecoast1

Exactly why do you believe this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That would be pretty easy to write into the fine print of the insurance policy. Although the idea of not having lift serviced skiing next winter is pretty crazy at this point

prsboogie

From the Vail insurance carrier - line D

PERILS INSURED AGAINST: Subject to the Exclusions and Coverage Limits, the Insured has coverage against Loss of use of your Season Ski Pass if caused by any one of the following
unforeseen perils occurring after the effective date of coverage:
a) Sickness, Injury or death of you or a Family Member;
b) You have a Pregnancy or Childbirth verified by medical records;
coverage is included for pregnant Season Ski Pass Holder’s
spouse or domestic partner and minor child;
c) Your Primary Residence being made Uninhabitable by Natural
Disaster;
d) The Destination Resort closes indefinitely due to a Natural Disaster
(this coverage does not apply if you reside in a state with more
than one Destination Resort and at least one of the other
Destination Resorts is operating);
e) You are subpoenaed, required to serve on a jury, hijacked,
quarantined or your travel visa is denied;
f) You are called to military service; your military leave is revoked;
you are deployed or you are reassigned;

cdskier

Exactly why do you believe this?

He's absolutely right that the insurance itself wouldn't cover it. It is stated in their exclusions for Ikon's insurance company at least if my interpretation is correct:
SECTION III-POLICY LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
8.Bankruptcy or Default or failure to supply services by a Travel Supplier

“Travel Supplier” means any entity or organization that coordinates or supplies the Season Pass for You.

That said, if there was legitimately no season at all, I find it rather hard to believe all the ski resorts would tell all the people that bought passes to simply fuck off unless they outright go bankrupt. I wouldn't expect them to give money back, but I would expect them to basically apply your purchase to the following season.

Of course if things are so bad that there's no ski season next year, then we have much bigger problems than a season pass purchase and whether you get your money back or not.

icecoast1

noun
plural noun: natural disasters
a natural event such as a flood, earthquake, or hurricane that causes great damage or loss of life.
"the number of people suffering food crises as a result of natural disasters has tripled in the last thirty years"

Does a natural disaster include genetically engineered viruses? That policy could also easily be re written

prsboogie

noun
a natural event such as a flood, earthquake, or hurricane that causes great damage or loss of life.
"the number of people suffering food crises as a result of natural disasters has tripled in the last thirty years"

Does a natural disaster include genetically engineered viruses? That policy could also easily be re written
Until you have actual proof this is man-made please keep your paranoid accusations to your self.

cdskier

noun

For Epic, here's the definition of Natural Disaster that is explicitly listed in the terms of the insurance:
NATURAL DISASTER – means a flood, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, fire, wildfire, volcanic eruption, or blizzard that is due to natural causes

So no coverage for a virus in that clause at least.

icecoast1

Until you have actual proof this is man-made please keep your paranoid accusations to your self.

Ok, but the definition of natural disaster still does not mention viruses in any form

prsboogie

Ok, but the definition of natural disaster still does not mention viruses in any form
Just for arguments sake it doesn't mention if they can't open they do not have to refund monies paid for services that cannot be rendered.

BenedictGomez

I wouldn't expect them to give money back, but I would expect them to basically apply your purchase to the following season.

That's how I'd war-game it as well. They hold the cash & use it, and issue you the following year's pass. If you move you're S.O.L.

Alternatively, I can also see some resorts issue credit against something low margin, specifically, food & beverage, instead of letting you roll it into a season pass.

Oh course, all of this speculation is completely unnecessary, because talk of no 2020-2021 season is nuts.

Edd

He's absolutely right that the insurance itself wouldn't cover it. It is stated in their exclusions for Ikon's insurance company at least if my interpretation is correct:

That said, if there was legitimately no season at all, I find it rather hard to believe all the ski resorts would tell all the people that bought passes to simply fuck off unless they outright go bankrupt. I wouldn't expect them to give money back, but I would expect them to basically apply your purchase to the following season.

Of course if things are so bad that there's no ski season next year, then we have much bigger problems than a season pass purchase and whether you get your money back or not.

I’d think they’d have to refund. The odds of no ski season next year is near zero, though.

VTKilarney

The Governor of Illinois has just told organizers of summer festivals that they should cancel. (He said it a little more artfully, but his message was clear.)

This lockdown will not end instantly. Large gatherings are going to be prohibited for quite some time.

The ski season will depend on how bad the second and third waves are in the fall and winter. My money is on a ski season happening, but it is not a sure thing.

icecoast1

The Governor of Illinois has just told organizers of summer festivals that they should cancel. (He said it a little more artfully, but his message was clear.)

This lockdown will not end instantly. Large gatherings are going to be prohibited for quite some time.

The ski season will depend on how bad the second and third waves are in the fall and winter. My money is on a ski season happening, but it is not a sure thing.

I could see lodge operations/large scheduled events at mountains getting effected in the short term, but they should at the very least still be able to run the lifts.

p_levert

I could see lodge operations/large scheduled events at mountains getting effected in the short term, but they should at the very least still be able to run the lifts.

At the bitter end of the CO season, they were making people ride single on chairlifts unless they were in the same ski group. Conceivably you could see a bunch of portable toilets to solve the bathroom proximity problem. These are possible options to keep social distance.

But, really, the biggest danger is a blind shutdown by a governor who simply states that these are large gatherings, so prohibited. But I don't see this happening in 20/21, although it can't be 100% excluded.