• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Well, we decided to start our own thread in honor of the fact that we once again have the most open terrain in the East.

Check it!

Mount Snow: 181 acres, 19 trails

Okemo: 133 acres, 20 trails

Loon: 100 acres, 16 trails

Sunday River: 93 acres, 16 trails

Stowe: 85 acres, 23 trails

Killington: 79 acres, 24 trails

Bretton: 78 acres, 9 trails

Stratton: 72 acres, 13 trails

Sugarloaf: 68 acres, 9 trails

Got questions for us? Write them below and I'll do my best to get them answered for you.

mister moose

Acres of green terrain, and go nowhere connector trail segments do little for the experience, and aren't a reliable source to compare. If I was Mt Snow, I'd talk about fan gun snow and fan gun trails.

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Acres of green terrain, and go nowhere connector trail segments do little for the experience, and aren't a reliable source to compare. If I was Mt Snow, I'd talk about fan gun snow and fan gun trails.

We totally agree. That's why we focused on the top-to-bottom experiance right out the gate this year. Way better to get actual laps in, rather than leapfrogging all over the place.

bdfreetuna

My first day of the season will be Monday the 27th. Picked up a $39 ticket for Mt Snow on Liftopia.

What kind of snowmaking push will you make Sunday into Monday with the good temps? What Mt Snow has open right now looks great but of course I'm curious if there will be even more terrain opening up.

Anyway can't argue with the facts... Mt Snow has the most complete runs open. Glad to see you positioning yourself this way for early season, it's nice to have some options in November.

skimagic

What other mountains aren't doing the same. It's thanks giving weekend, what do you expect? Kudos to mount snow. More terrain more options.

chuckstah

This sounds like Killington, with the caveat formerly green trails and connectors.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
My first day of the season will be Monday the 27th. Picked up a $39 ticket for Mt Snow on Liftopia.

What kind of snowmaking push will you make Sunday into Monday with the good temps? What Mt Snow has open right now looks great but of course I'm curious if there will be even more terrain opening up.

Anyway can't argue with the facts... Mt Snow has the most complete runs open. Glad to see you positioning yourself this way for early season, it's nice to have some options in November.

We'll be firing up pretty agressively duing the Sunday-Monday window. As for details, I can't leak any yet.

Jully

Love that you're not only giving information out on the forum but being willing to answer questions!

I have two questions. What is your snowmaking plan/timeline for additional North face trails? It is awesome that you had freefall from the get go as it is a fun trail and provides some variety and escape midday, but guns have been silent there for a few weeks now so I assume something is coming soon.

Also I have a more general question about the early opening in general. Do you think you'll continue to be this aggressive opening the mountain in years to come?

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Love that you're not only giving information out on the forum but being willing to answer questions!

I have two questions. What is your snowmaking plan/timeline for additional North face trails? It is awesome that you had freefall from the get go as it is a fun trail and provides some variety and escape midday, but guns have been silent there for a few weeks now so I assume something is coming soon.

Also I have a more general question about the early opening in general. Do you think you'll continue to be this aggressive opening the mountain in years to come?

1. North Face is next on the list. We wanted to lay down a great base on a number of our blue trails in advance of the holiday weekend so that we had enough options for our average passholder to have a great weekend.

2. You know it! With this new system we can make a ton of snow very quickly, so we'll for sure be continuing this early season push as long as we get the early season temps. We haven't figured out how to make it colder...yet...

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
What do you guys have on tap for tomorrow, I will be heading up for the day. I am looking forward to comparing it to when I was up ther for opening day.

Snowmaking has shut down due to temps and won't be back online until Sunday, so we'll have the same 19 trails we do now. More details at mountsnow.com/snow-report

Thanks for posting on this forum Mount Snow and way to go with your early season assault.

Question: I plan to be up for Founders Day on the 12th as I have for the past 2 out of 3 years as you're usually my first day out. I heard there's something going on at the Carinthia Base area (lodge remodel)? so is the parking lot planned to be open on the 12th and can I get my ticket there? While Founders Day and ticket price is hard to beat, it can be a bit of a haul and chaos in the morning getting the ticket.

Thanks again for joining and keeping us posted as to MS happenings.

MountSnow

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Thanks for posting on this forum Mount Snow and way to go with your early season assault.

Question: I plan to be up for Founders Day on the 12th as I have for the past 2 out of 3 years as you're usually my first day out. I heard there's something going on at the Carinthia Base area (lodge remodel)? so is the parking lot planned to be open on the 12th and can I get my ticket there? While Founders Day and ticket price is hard to beat, it can be a bit of a haul and chaos in the morning getting the ticket.

Thanks again for joining and keeping us posted as to MS happenings.

We're actually building a brand new $22M 42,000sq/ft lodge at the base of Carinthia, so parking is extremely limited this season. We'd highly reccomend parking at the Main Base Area.

mriceyman

We're actually building a brand new $22M 42,000sq/ft lodge at the base of Carinthia, so parking is extremely limited this season. We'd highly reccomend parking at the Main Base Area.

Transparency is huge and appreciated. I think other places should take notice.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Pez

You guys doing the Sunday sleeper thing again this year?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thanks for the quick response Mt Snow. Great that you're part of our community and information flow. I'll make sure I just park in the main lots as per previous seasons.

One last question and I'll stop bothering you as I'm sure you've got more important things to handle. I just received an email about Cyber Monday deals. Most seem great and I'll probably take advantage of one or two, but I was looking at reviews of the Snow Lake Lodge offer and am disturb. Is this property part of Mt Snow? I want to bring my ski activity and friends to your area, but is this Lodge as rundown as it is reviewed? I don't require first class lodging all the time, but with a large family and friends I also don't want to be embarrassed if some of the reviews are true. Your candor is appreciated.
Thank you.