• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are we thinking about the end of January?

KustyTheKlown

There's way more reason to bash this thread than Kusty's western trip thread. lol

thank you, and agreed.

im looking into a sugarbush weekend with girlfriend and her best friend and boyfriend. we're looking at a ski in ski out situation january 11-13.

its a crapshoot. could be great. could be shitty. they are all beginners so it wont matter. and i will have fun and drink nice beer and eat nice food either way.

JDMRoma

thank you, and agreed.

im looking into a sugarbush weekend with girlfriend and her best friend and boyfriend. we're looking at a ski in ski out situation january 11-13.

its a crapshoot. could be great. could be shitty. they are all beginners so it wont matter. and i will have fun and drink nice beer and eat nice food either way.

This is a no lose Weekend in VT, Just the beer alone will make it worth the trip ! And I liked the western trip Thread....very well planned out and cost effective !

Last edited:

jimk

Quote Originally Posted by rocks860 View Post

Well decided to just go with it. Will be at sugarbush from 1/26 to 2/2

I think you'll be fine as long as there is some top to bottom skiing. Of course that's coming from a Virginian. If you think it's a guessing game in VT, here in the mid-Atlantic it's more like pin the tail on the donkey while blindfolded. I hope to meet with a group of friends for a weekend in mid-winter in southwest PA and we've picked Feb 2 and 3. Any earlier is a risk of low trail counts, any later is risk of melt-downs. We don't get nice lingering spring conditions. We go from open to closed in about 7-10 days. In 50+ years of skiing down here our peak period for good conditions is usually the three weeks from Feb 1 - 21. Very rarely we will get that expanded by a week or two on either side. But some years we never get peak conditions at all. It's frustrating, but fortunately I get a lot of western skiing now, so not as frustrating as when I wasn't.