• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Swap/Tent Sales, 2009/2010 Edition

hammer

I got confirmation from Building 19.

Not a swap, but wanted to add it. Hit or miss as far as skis, but moocho good for people with kids who need new boots, etc..

Here's the ad from the web site, sale starts at 8AM on Saturday in Burlington MA:

SKI_TEASER.jpg

o3jeff

Just went to the Mount Southington swap and could not believe the amount of old straight skis that were there, some of the stuff probably dating to the early 80's if not older. On a good note, it looks like the three pairs of skis I brought sold. Probably anything within 5 years old would of sold quick there as long as they were priced right since they didn't have much current stuff there other than what a couple ski shops brought.

wa-loaf

Just went to the Mount Southington swap and could not believe the amount of old straight skis that were there, some of the stuff probably dating to the early 80's if not older. On a good note, it looks like the three pairs of skis I brought sold. Probably anything within 5 years old would of sold quick there as long as they were priced right since they didn't have much current stuff there other than what a couple ski shops brought.

I'm surprised they let folks sell them. The WA swap won't let anything with bindings older than 10 years in.

Anyone go to Building 19 today?

Hawkshot99

I'm surprised they let folks sell them. The WA swap won't let anything with bindings older than 10 years in.

Anyone go to Building 19 today?

At our swaps we will not let anything with non-indemnified bindings in. We have a complete list at the check in. We will not let any straight skis in regardless of the binding.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
B19 - gosh, 2 miles from my house and I missed it.. My wife will really be pissed if I came home with something!

they have demo equipment? really?

Ok, help me out. Please start naming "prestigious ski shops." I'm sorry, I can't think of any. As far as I know, our sport doesn't get much prestige.

hammer

Hammer, that page has been up there for like 3 years and has never changed. Usually I'd get confirmation from Zimmerman's, but I haven't seen any info that it's going to happen this year. Suppose I can just put it up, but one of these years, have to wonder if their not going to have it and just, not tell anyone. :-D
Here's what I saw on Zimmerman's web site:

telegraphad0910.gif

hammer

I've noticed that the Nashua sale has degenerated into a retailer-dominated "sale". Forget about the used stuff. Yeah, it's still there, but....
They've been there for a few years now...they may dominate the floor space, but when you look in the lines, most of the stuff being bought is used...

I've been pretty lucky in selling stuff there, and I have a few pairs of skis to sell this year as well.