• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Red Sox playoff thread.

Edd

Neither here nor there...I'm a Navy brat. Moved around a lot. Lived in the St Louis area several years and went to Cardinals games. My dad was born and raised there. I will actively root against the Sox.

None of that matters because I'm a poser and don't care about baseball.

Trekchick

It sounds like Leyland was tired and ready for a change. In the press conference he said, "I'll be staying on in a position 'yet to be determined'"

He made it clear that this was his decision and that they wanted him to stay on as Manager but he knew it was time.

Respect.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Wow. The Cards are really not doing well at all. The Sox are in their heads. Hope that the Sox continue to play solidly.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Cards are threatening, but not able to bring runners in. I think that they are just really nervous about being in the noisy, rowdy Fenway Park. Hope this becomes a W for the Sox.

drjeff

Cards are threatening, but not able to bring runners in. I think that they are just really nervous about being in the noisy, rowdy Fenway Park. Hope this becomes a W for the Sox.

I'm thinking that Koji doesn't need to pitch tonight!

Also thinking that if Beltran sustained a significant injury that his catch might of been bigger than if Ortiz had got the grand slam!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm thinking that Koji doesn't need to pitch tonight!

Also thinking that if Beltran sustained a significant injury that his catch might of been bigger than if Ortiz had got the grand slam!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

Yeah I heard that Beltran is out, but I imagine he will be back tomorrow night.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It sounds like Leyland was tired and ready for a change. In the press conference he said, "I'll be staying on in a position 'yet to be determined'"

He made it clear that this was his decision and that they wanted him to stay on as Manager but he knew it was time.

Respect.

Fox was saying the other night that he had done a good job turning the club around. They are a solid team. Tito's new club is also a solid team. I miss Tito, but John Farrell is doing a hell of a job. He certainly knew what Tito did well and is doing it.

skiNEwhere

I was at work the whole game, so I didn't get to watch any, but I saw the final score. Excellent