• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Summit at Sugarloaf: 3/25 - 3/28

deadheadskier

Staff member
deadheadskier
IMG_4584_crop.jpg

oof

shoulda hit up the free lesson. lovely gaperific dropped uphill shoulder and hand

Whatcha up to this Saturday woodcore? care to come up to Ragged and show me how its done?

:lol:

JimG.

Staff member
Still here...

Snowed about 3" last night...now a mix going to all rain quickly.

Will ski the day and then head south. Weather forecast sucks.

rocojerry

Awesome AZ Summit! First tracks was a very nice privilege to have yesterday morning and with the sun out early made for a great start before the wind came in and trails got a bit less carveable. I took a coffee break around 11, but got in a few more on Wiffle and Superquad after noon before calling it a day. Great to finally put some faces to some names!

Thanks for organizing! Looking forward to heading back to the Loaf for some sunny spring bump skiing/riding in a couple of weeks :) until next time, ROCO!

bvibert

Staff member
Great times!
Thanks Sugarloaf!
Thanks AZ

attachment.php

Cool pic. That was taken at the bottom of the first run, after we had lost several people.

Let's see if I can get all the names.

L to R: Severine, bvibert, JimG, Greg, Peter, Paul, o3jeff, wa-loaf, Woodcore, skibum9995, deadheadskier, riverc0il, double eject, and Reefer's other buddy who's name I can't remember, but I'll just call him boob shot.

Behind the camera is Reefer, and missing is; thetrailboss, his SO (can't remember her screen name), snowmonster, roccojerry, from the NEK, and several other people who's faces I can see, but can't put names to at the moment. Pretty good turnout, IMHO.

kcyanks1

Glad it went well and sorry I missed it! Hopefully you can pull it off again next year, because it sounds like a lot of fun.

bvibert

Staff member
Mario, and I think it's just because of the way he's posing. Although it's entirely possible I missed something ...

Mario is his name, and there is a story behind my name, it's not because of how he's posing. I'll let Reefer fill us in, if he feels it's appropriate...

wa-loaf

:-o pictures?

and don't give me any of that "what happens in sugarloaf stays in sugarloaf" crap!!

The waitresses at the Widowmaker were pretty hot. We were just being dirty old men ...

bvibert

Staff member
Behind the camera is Reefer, and missing is; thetrailboss, his SO (can't remember her screen name), snowmonster, roccojerry, from the NEK, and several other people who's faces I can see, but can't put names to at the moment. Pretty good turnout, IMHO.

Also missing is darent

reefer

Back to the Sev qoute, what happens outside of Massachusetts stays there..........
I heard rumors of something taking place after the Rustic Overtone show inside the Widowmaker, our Apres bartender was there....... in rare form.......................
Mario is the person in the picture, not sure if he was in the Widowmaker or not......................
Most of our antics were off-slope this weekend..... we hadn't skied yet and we had the Sugarloaf police at our door Saturday morning at 8:00...........somehow the entire fire alrm system throughout Sugartree II condos went off.............because of us......................had nothing to do with illegal substances in this case, more like burnt (flaming) toast!

Oh yeah....Mario was the chef ...........................

Greg

Staff member
Thursday Pics

Some pics from the few hours I skied on Thursday afternoon:

Obligatory Route 27 Mountain Shots:
P1020703.jpg

P1020704.jpg

Riding Spillway:
P1020705.jpg

View of Burnt Mountain:
P1020706.jpg

King Pine Quad:
P1020707.jpg

Ungroomed Widowmaker. Wind-loaded tacky powder skier's left. Pre-corn/corn surface right:
P1020711.jpg

Greg

Staff member
More Friday

Ripsaw!
P1020712.jpg

P1020714.jpg

P1020715.jpg

Mount Katahdin, 90 miles away:
P1020713.jpg