• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NH Areas Debut the Mini-MIX Pass

thetrailboss

Staff member
I know that folks have said that they want a Mountain Collective Pass option for New England, and it sounds like three smaller NH areas are doing this. Granted, most aren't going to be thrilled, but it is a step in the right direction. This $199 pass gets the holder 2 day tickets and one tubing pass at each of these areas: King Pine, Pats Peak, and McIntyre. No blackouts or surcharges.

http://www.saminfo.com/news/new-pass-partnership-northeast-announced

thetrailboss

Staff member
It's more like they've got their leg lifted.

Maybe. IIRC there was a similar deal last year between pass holders at several non-chain ski areas that included some of these folks. This however is much smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
I know that folks have said that they want a Mountain Collective Pass option for New England, and it sounds like three smaller NH areas are doing this. Granted, most aren't going to be thrilled, but it is a step in the right direction. This $199 pass gets the holder 2 day tickets and one tubing pass at each of these areas: King Pine, Pats Peak, and McIntyre. No blackouts or surcharges.

http://www.saminfo.com/news/new-pass-partnership-northeast-announced

Haters guna hate. This is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone, I blame auto correct ;-)

dlague

We here on AZ are generally about vertical and extremes much of the time. This is not for you! This pass is a good idea mostly for those who are starting out. For most of us - yes not a very good option but as mentioned earlier a good start.

xwhaler

I'm guessing this was a typo!

“There will be a strict limit of two million MiniMIX passes available for the 2015-16 season,” says Ross Boisvert, Vice President and General Manager of McIntyre Ski Area. “We don’t want to flood the market or do irreparable damage to the major resorts. We’re all in this together.”

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm guessing this was a typo!

“There will be a strict limit of two million MiniMIX passes available for the 2015-16 season,” says Ross Boisvert, Vice President and General Manager of McIntyre Ski Area. “We don’t want to flood the market or do irreparable damage to the major resorts. We’re all in this together.”

Or a joke

xwhaler

Maybe. IIRC there was a similar deal last year between pass holders at several non-chain ski areas that included some of these folks. This however is much smaller.

Yes, you are recalling the Freedom Pass---had hoped they may add to their offering this season but seems it is the same 6 from last yr. Still a very nice deal if you are a passholder at one of these home mtns.

http://www.boltonvalley.com/tickets-passes-rentals/seasons-passes/Freedom-Pass

NotAHero

It's more like they've got their leg lifted.

MiniMIX is something that's apparently fun, low-cost, local and grassroots. Clearly it's for the losers and the unworthy. It must be so cool to be THE TRAIL BOSS, we can only dream what it's like. Are you friends with Joe Cool as well?

NotAHero

I hope you're another "one post wonder" kinda guys

I can probably squeeze out more than one post. I don't have the knowledge or super-coolness to make 1,118 comments over two years, however. I'll never be a TRAIL BOSS. I can only aspire to look down on small ski areas and skiers not as experienced, talented, studly, and gnar as a TRAIL BOSS. Did I mention cool?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
MiniMIX is something that's apparently fun, low-cost, local and grassroots. Clearly it's for the losers and the unworthy. It must be so cool to be THE TRAIL BOSS, we can only dream what it's like. Are you friends with Joe Cool as well?

I hope you're another "one post wonder" kinda guys

I can probably squeeze out more than one post. I don't have the knowledge or super-coolness to make 1,118 comments over two years, however. I'll never be a TRAIL BOSS. I can only aspire to look down on small ski areas and skiers not as experienced, talented, studly, and gnar as a TRAIL BOSS. Did I mention cool?

Damn it

ScottySkis

Idiot! Yes he never support small hills lol

deadheadskier

Staff member

Before casting judgment and launching into personal attacks, why don't you at least figure out what that individual is all about. Trailboss has made a point of doing business with the little hills as much as anyone on this forum.

He's a pass holder at Snowbird, but what was one place he made sure he skied when he visited back home last winter? Mount Eustis

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showth...mer-NELSAP-Hill)-Feb-26-2015?highlight=Eustis

He also grew up skiing at Lyndon Outing Club and used to be a pass holder at Pat's Peak, which is on this pass.

Anyways, nice try

thetrailboss

Staff member

Close but no cigar. My clear intent was not to piss on anyone, but to throw out there an announcement of this pass option. On the same day I bumped my threads on Eustis (saying that they are looking for help and are gearing up for this season) and my old home Lyndon Outing Club (they need help raising money). Any ski area is a good one in my mind. I've been a passholder at the LOC and Pats Peak. On my five day trip back home last winter, I made a point to ski the LOC and Eustis when I could have easily gone back to the 'bush or Cannon.

So I don't know you (I think). If I do, and if I've done something to piss you off, I apologize. Feel free to send me a PM if I am missing something.