• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: Nepaug State Forest, CT - 6/15/08

Greg

Staff member
I'm down for something this Sunday morning, but I would like to go early as possible being Father's Day. I'm thinking 7 am somewhere and a 2-2.5 hour ride. Anyone interested?

MR. evil

I'm down for something this Sunday morning, but I would like to go early as possible being Father's Day. I'm thinking 7 am somewhere and a 2-2.5 hour ride. Anyone interested?

I should be able to make that. Any thoughts on where you want to ride?

If Steve comes along he could lead a ride at Case mtn in Manchester. Another decent ride is the West Hartford Res.

Greg

Staff member
I should be able to make that. Any thoughts on where you want to ride?

If Steve comes along he could lead a ride at Case mtn in Manchester. Another decent ride is the West Hartford Res.

West Hartford sounds better to me (closer). Manchester is probably an hour drive.

MR. evil

West Hartford sounds better to me (closer). Manchester is probably an hour drive.

I am game for anything. I used to ride W Hartford all the time, but it has easily been 6 plus years since I have been there. If I had to lead the ride I might be able to fake my way through. Hopefully Steve can make it, and knows the trails there.

If Steve cannot make it (or anyone else that knows CT trails) we could ride up by me, but that would be an hour drive for you

Greg

Staff member
I am game for anything. I used to ride W Hartford all the time, but it has easily been 6 plus years since I have been there. If I had to lead the ride I might be able to fake my way through. Hopefully Steve can make it, and knows the trails there.

If Steve cannot make it (or anyone else that knows CT trails) we could ride up by me, but that would be an hour drive for you

Yeah, I'd like to keep it within 30-40 minutes if possible. There's also Nepaug or People's State Forest up near Sundown. That might be more centrally located for you and the guys like me in west-central CT.

o3jeff

I'm in the same boat as Mr evil and that is has been quite a few years since I did anything other than the fire roads at the res.

I am game for pretty much anywhere. Btw Tim, were in MA are you?

MR. evil

I'm in the same boat as Mr evil and that is has been quite a few years since I did anything other than the fire roads at the res.

I am game for pretty much anywhere. Btw Tim, were in MA are you?

I am in Westfield, a few miles north of the Suffield/CT line.

Greg,
I don't mind riding anywhere as long as we have someone with us that know the trails. I only mentioned my neck of the woods as a backup incase we don't have a trail guide familiar with CT trails. Hopefully Steve can ride and it won't be an issue.

powhunter

Im down for it!! I havent been to case in quite some time but if i remember correctly the trails are distinctly marked....Ill probably bring my son along too....wherever you guys want to ride is cool!!

steve

powhunter

I would even do meriden again...its a good short ride for building up your wind/endurance, but like I said before Im down for anything as long as there is a water ramp

:dunce:

bvibert

Staff member
I might be up for something close by on Sunday. I've rode Nepaug a few times last year and have been to the West Hartford rez a few times this year already..

Last edited:

MR. evil

I would even do meriden again...its a good short ride for building up your wind/endurance, but like I said before Im down for anything as long as there is a water ramp

:dunce:

that water ramp looked fun. I just won't ride off it on my bike.

I am down for riding anywhere.

Greg

Staff member
I might be up for something close by on Sunday. I've rode Nepaug a few times last year and have been to the West Hartford rez a few times this year already.

Sounds like we have a tour guide for West Hartford on Sunday. I could do that, but again it would have to be early...like 7 am. Thoughts?

Greg

Staff member
that water ramp looked fun. I just won't ride off it on my bike.

Instant bath. I guess the only chance of damage would be hitting bottom though, right? We never would have guessed that a mountain bike would float... :lol:

MR. evil

Sounds like we have a tour guide for West Hartford on Sunday. I could do that, but again it would have to be early...like 7 am. Thoughts?

I can do 7:00, though I would prefer 7:30.

MR. evil

Instant bath. I guess the only chance of damage would be hitting bottom though, right? We never would have guessed that a mountain bike would float... :lol:

I would be worried about water getting into all the componets, pivots and Bottom bracket.

powhunter

Not sure jeff......I know case is because there is several loops that intersect.....Ive heard some good stuff about nepaug....and brian has done it a few times...

steve