• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown BUMP or BUST Mogul Competition - 1/24/09

2knees

I'm not really sure, I didn't make the top 16, which is all I know. I think Johnny Poach may have been the top finisher, but he's only an Azer by proxy. Powhunter, Greg, 2knees, mondeo, gmcunni, and madskier6 all qualified (I think) and had real solid runs (I apologize if I missed anyone).

um, i was eliminated by 180 in the round of 8. same as johnny.

but i had solid runs. :roll:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Any note worthy airs outside of downhill's 3?

How was the course?

This trip report sucks. You all aren't offering much for those looking to live vicariously through alpinezone :lol:

Grassi21

Well I am a man of my word. I promised that I would take one for the team and come up with a spectacular crash. Here is a pick of the aftermath.

Black_Eye.JPG

Glad you are OK. You had a far out look in your eye after you wrecked.

Grassi21

Despite being a big p&ssy and bypassing the kicker I was happy how I skied today. I had better runs than my one official run but who gives a shit. Very fun day. Thanks to everyone at Sundown for putting on a 1st class event.

Greg, you may have lost to a girl but she ripped and was cute as hell.

Trekchick

Sounds like you all had fun and I feel like I miss out on all the great AZ times while I'm stuck here in Michigan, but......what I got out of the story so far is that Greg got beat by a girl, while Downhill40 got beat up by a girl, and Brian thought he'd look like a girl with a basket of cookies.......am I missin sumthin?

Where's the video?

MR. evil

And yes, just so I can be the first to say it, I lost to a girl! :lol: And she definitely deserved to win.

!

No shame loosing to her, she was awsome! I am also very glad Jay is ok, that crash really has us worried. You said you were going to go big and you didn't disappoint! We should also make mention that Mike (Mondeo) broke one of his bumps skis last night. So he did what any of us would do, woke up at 4:30am this morning and drove to the only shop he knew of that had mogul ski's in-stock.........3.5 hours away up at Killington. Only to drive all the way back for the comp. That is some serious dedication!

I didn't qualify either, not really a big shock there. I am just glad I managed to make myself hit those kickers. I almost crapped my shorts when I arrived to find those things a good 18" higher and much steeper than they were the other night.

gmcunni

I had fun hanging with the guys and watching Sundown's HD footage of the event on the big screen in the bar afterwards.

guy shooting the video for Sundown did a great job, that was a lot of fun to watch in the bar. the whole place was really getting into it.

hopefully they post the video on skisundown.com

Greg

Staff member
I am also very glad Jay is ok, that crash really has us worried. You said you were going to go big and you didn't disappoint! We should also make mention that Mike (Mondeo) broke one of his bumps skis last night. So he did what any of us would do, woke up at 4:30am this morning and drove to the only shop he knew of that had mogul ski's in-stock.........3.5 hours away up at Killington. Only to drive all the way back for the comp. That is some serious dedication!

No doubt! Nice job mondeo Mike for pulling 6-7 hours in the car just so you could compete with new bump skis. Jay would've been fun to watch in later rounds just to watch the sick airs.

I just got back from a party and I'm drunk as hell, but I'll throw together a quick vid of 180 and Dave Adams from Hunter. Give me about 30.....

MrMagic

I just got back from a party and I'm drunk as hell said:
had to drink to help with the pain of lossing to a chick huh? just jokeing she did rip

Greg

Staff member
Highlights

Some highlights. Nice job by the Hunter guys:

madskier6

Here are a few of the pics I snapped today. Today was a lotta fun! Great to hang out & ski with the CLITS on their home turf. Great camraderie especially after the comp when we were hanging in the bar (as you might expect).

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_12321.JPG

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1242.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1227.JPG

Greg

Staff member
My wife got a cool pic of my qualifying run all the way from the base deck:

IMG_4728.JPG

It was really special to have her and my daughters there, even if they really couldn't see the event.

2knees

Despite being a big p&ssy and bypassing the kicker I was happy how I skied today. I had better runs than my one official run but who gives a shit. Very fun day. Thanks to everyone at Sundown for putting on a 1st class event.

Greg, you may have lost to a girl but she ripped and was cute as hell.

dude good work entering that. i give you major props. that wasnt ideal conditions by any means.

2knees

She got further than you did too PUNK!! :lol:

because she beat YOU!

lol, we ALL were thinking the same thing when we realized she was in the mens division.

please dont let me ski against her, please please please.

she ripped no doubt about it though.