• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New York Yankees

JimG.

Staff member
Hey i never said they were not going to make a run, if Boston wins tonite they win 2 series in a row, thats all i care about, the yanks are hot, they are not gonna keep winning 8 ina row 10/12, thats how the sox were when they started the season now they are playing normal baseball and the yankees will again soon themselves thats just baseball. Its not like the yankees are never going to lose a game in the standings again, just not when your winning 8 in a row, but i give them credit they got it done quickly i thought it would take a little longer.

Reread my last post...I added a few wild predictions just to make things interesting.

Yanks/Sox...nothing beats it.

SkiDog

Go out on a limb? Why not! I'll go on record as saying that if the Boston lead is down to 5 games at the All-Star break they will be lucky to get into the playoffs as a wildcard and that the Yanks will win the division easily.

JIM im with ya on down to 5 games...maybe less....Boston has begun its yearly slide..

Seriously Boston would've been better off if they never won the Series.. Now they got no identity...nothing to complain about...just another team that plays baseball now..Cubs are the only team that can complain anymore.

The Yanks, though, can do as much chest thumping as they like...How many series?? Too many to count... :D

M

SkiDog

This century ------ lets see ----- That would be the big Zero ---- even as a sox fan I can count that high.

I know I know...they've only won more than a QUARTER CENTURIES WORTH altogether....that means nothing i guess..

Keep holding onto that 1 you got over there in bean town...it'll be another 60+ years til the next...

:D

M

tree_skier

I know I know...they've only won more than a QUARTER CENTURIES WORTH altogether....that means nothing i guess..

Keep holding onto that 1 you got over there in bean town...it'll be another 60+ years til the next...

:D

M

Thats like saying the Celtics are the best team in the NBA because of all of thier Championships.

SkiDog

Thats like saying the Celtics are the best team in the NBA because of all of thier Championships.

Saying they havent won one this century is like saying Tiger Woods is on a downslide because he hasnt won a major this year...

Are the Yanks expected to win EVERY year? I dont think so....but they win it a LOT MORE THAN ANY OTHER TEAM....and I think in the last say 20 years have STILL won it more than any other team...NUFF SAID...

The Yankees ARE baseball....without them baseball would be a mere shadow of what it is now...their history is second to none..

M

JimG.

Staff member

But the Celtics are recognized as the NBA team with the most championships by far (like the Yanks), the team that was a dynasty for over a decade (like the Yanks), a dynasty that won 8 straight championships (better than the Yanks ever did). They may not be good right now, but anyone who knows anything about the NBA will recognize the Celtics as the greatest NBA team ever.

And I'm a Knicks fan.

SkiDog

He needs brain food...his memory pre-1918 is a bit fuzzy.

Was it the MLB then????? I knew they won a couple EARLY.......but 1918 - 2004 is a LONG DROUGHT...

Dont think the Yanks went that long without a title.....????

And I know...6 compared to 26...its still pretty close.... keep dreaming

HA..

M

Paul

Was it the MLB then????? I knew they won a couple EARLY.......but 1918 - 2004 is a LONG DROUGHT...

Dont think the Yanks went that long without a title.....????

And I know...6 compared to 26...its still pretty close.... keep dreaming

HA..

M

Hey, just because they wore onions in their belts....

tree_skier

Those are some strong statements. Lets use the same logic on basketball and hockey.

Basketball
Saying they havent won one this century is like saying Tiger Woods is on a downslide because he hasnt won a major this year...

Are the Celts expected to win EVERY year? I dont think so....but they win it a LOT MORE THAN ANY OTHER TEAM....and I think in the last say 30 years have STILL won it more than any other team...NUFF SAID...

The Celtics ARE basketball....without them basketball would be a mere shadow of what it is now...their history is second to none..

M

Hockey

Are the Habs expected to win EVERY year? I dont think so....but they win it a LOT MORE THAN ANY OTHER TEAM....and I think in the last say 30 years have STILL won it more than any other team...NUFF SAID...

The Canadians ARE Hockey....without them Hockey would be a mere shadow of what it is now...their history is second to none..

M

Need I say more. No but I will anyway. Perhaps to a yankee/met or sox fan the sport would be a mere shadow but to everybody else they would love to see the same salary structure as the NFL so more teams could be competative.

FRITOLAYGUY

But the Celtics are recognized as the NBA team with the most championships by far (like the Yanks), the team that was a dynasty for over a decade (like the Yanks), a dynasty that won 8 straight championships (better than the Yanks ever did). They may not be good right now, but anyone who knows anything about the NBA will recognize the Celtics as the greatest NBA team ever.

And I'm a Knicks fan.

Unforuntely im a big Celts fan not much to cheer about, i wish they got the number one pic, its a sad thing that Durant and Oden will be somewhere in the Pacific Northwest and nobody will notice them, would have been nice to see either in a big city with a basketball tradition. Hey im not gonna bitch about on the yankees havent won one in whatever years, im happy to have seen it in my lifetime as a sox fan, ive had many relatives die that never got to see what i saw in 2004 so im good with that of course i want more now.

tjf67

we got another one. I have to tell you it is so much more fun to watch when we are winning.

GO YANKS

Celtics have sucked since they went public. How could a team with such a great history turn into what they are now. Bostonites should kick them out of town

FRITOLAYGUY

JIM, ill be the first to tell you i have concerns that the lead has been cut in half in 2 weeks, that was quick.. The only good news is the Yankees will lose 1 of the next 2 games, they have never had more than a 10game winning streak in the Joe Torre era. They are playing damn good, AZ isnt a bad team and didnt even look like they belonged on the same field the last few days, umm Go Mets lol.

JimG.

Staff member
How could a team with such a great history turn into what they are now. Bostonites should kick them out of town

Red Auerbach died.

The man defined the NBA for a generation.

What the NBA has become probably killed him.

JimG.

Staff member
To a Yankee fan that just means THEY'RE DUE.... :D

M

The Mets worry me...good team and they are definitely due for a win.

Everyone says the Mets are walking into a meat grinder. As soon as the Yankees believe that they're going to lose.

FRITOLAYGUY

Jim i feel the Mets are in the same exact position the Yankees were last last time they played. Its like role reversal in my opinion, there will be no sweeps, but the Yanks will probably take 2/3.