• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Game of Thrones

Edd

That was pretty good. Hopefully the Jamie and Bronn plot gets better next week.

wa-loaf

The sword is Valyrian steel. IT is not not dragon glass. The white walker did not die. He is seen at the edge of the water at the end.

No, that was a different white walker. No one knows how to make valyrian steel anymore (in GOT), so they don't really know what's in it. It's possible old dragon glass was an ingredient or the Valyrians knew something else about killing the white walkers.

Puck it

No, that was a different white walker. No one knows how to make valyrian steel anymore (in GOT), so they don't really know what's in it. It's possible old dragon glass was an ingredient or the Valyrians knew something else about killing the white walkers.
I thought it was the same white walker. I will watch again.

just watched it on HBO 2 Go. It was the same one at 58:35 into the episode. Right before the white walker leader walks down the dock,

Last edited:

wa-loaf

I thought it was the same white walker. I will watch again.

just watched it on HBO 2 Go. It was the same one at 58:35 into the episode. Right before the white walker leader walks down the dock,

No, the thing shattered when he hit it with his sword. There's the leaders (4 dudes on horses), the wights (basically the zombie fighters), and then the regular white walkers who all look pretty much the same.

Puck it

No, the thing shattered when he hit it with his sword. There's the leaders (4 dudes on horses), the wights (basically the zombie fighters), and then the regular white walkers who all look pretty much the same.
The walkers with the long hair and armor. Valyrian was forged from dragon fire.

prsboogie

It was two different walkers. The one he killed had long hair and the leader's head looked like Darth Maul all spikey! I did forget that they were forged in dragon fire and they could include dragon glass when they fold the steel. Either way watch out for the bastard!!

BackLoafRiver

That was informative. Yeah, the way I remember it, that walker that Jon killed didn't come back.

I always freak when I start to google GoT stuff because the second you start reading, you find out stuff you didn't want to know. Since the show is departing just enough from the books, there is a bunch of plot points I found out I wish I hadn't.

Puck it

It was two different walkers. The one he killed had long hair and the leader's head looked like Darth Maul all spikey! I did forget that they were forged in dragon fire and they could include dragon glass when they fold the steel. Either way watch out for the bastard!!
Not the king. There were two white walkers that looked the same.

BackLoafRiver

Epic. It left me with a ton of questions. Without giving spoilers:

1) Through the initial dialogue, it seemed like Stannis' wife was on board with what was happening
2) With only one episode left of the season, are they going to be able to develop the Meereen storyline at all
3) The Wall segment of the show didn't really go anywhere...can they develop that any further in one episode? We still have to see the trial
4) Meryn Trant is messed up.

They have stepped it up a ton in the last two episodes. My hope is that the last is just as good.

Edd

At this point, I'm looking for some resolution to Stannis vs Bolton. I need to see Ramsey die.

Edd

Something else...so Arya wants to kill this guy Meryn because he killed her teacher, Syrio. Anyone think he's not dead? I don't think we saw him die and I've been hoping he'd pop up. Here's a scene from a previous season between Arya and the Hound, just for fun.

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: [the Hound wakes up to find that Arya has disappeared. He finds her by a river, practicing her "water dancing"] The hell you doing?

Arya Stark: Practicing.

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: What, ways to die?

Arya Stark: No one's gonna kill me.

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: They will if you dance around like that. That's no way to fight.

Arya Stark: It's not fighting, it's water dancing.

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: [laughing] "Dancing"? Maybe you ought to put on a dress. Who taught you that shite?

Arya Stark: The greatest swordsman who ever lived: Syrio Forel, the First Sword to the Sealord of Braavos.

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Braavos.
[he scoffs]

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Greasy-haired little bastard, was he? They all are.

Arya Stark: [angrily] What do you know about anything?

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: I bet his hair's greasier than Joffrey's c***.

Arya Stark: It was not!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: "Was"? He dead?

Arya Stark: Yes!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: How?

Arya Stark: He was killed!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Who by?

Arya Stark: Meryn Trant! That's why Ser Meryn's on my...

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: [incredulously] Meryn Trant? The greatest swordsman who ever lived, killed by Meryn fucking Trant?

Arya Stark: He was outnumbered!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Any boy whore with a sword could beat three Meryn Trants.

Arya Stark: Syrio didn't HAVE a sword! OR armor, just a stick!

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: [sarcastically] The greatest swordsman who ever lived didn't have a sword?
[he laughs]

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: All right, you have a sword. Let's see what he taught you. Go on, do it for your Braavosi friend. Dead like all the rest of your friends.

[Arya lunges at his chest with her sword, but it lodges in his armor. He backhands her across the face, knocking her to the ground, then picks up her sword and points it at her throat]

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Your friend's dead, and Meryn Trant's not, 'cause Trant had armor. And a big fucking sword.
[he raises Arya's sword, looks at it for a moment, then hands it back to her]

wa-loaf

At this point, I'm looking for some resolution to Stannis vs Bolton. I need to see Ramsey die.

Someone said something along these lines: "Thanks GOT now I have to root for the torture rapist over the child immolater ..." I hope they both meet horrible GOT type ends.

Has the series out-paced the books yet?

Its strayed quite a bit from the books, but it's wrapping up about where the books stop. One more big thing to happen from from the books, if they follow through with it. It's going to suck waiting for the next season. Maybe George RR will release the 6th book over the summer to tide me over ...

Wired has a good summary the compares the book to where the show is at the moment:
http://www.wired.com/2015/06/game-of-thrones-recap-s05e09/

Domeskier

Maybe George RR will release the 6th book over the summer to tide me over ...

Except there's always a new anthology to edit or convention to attend or football game to watch or blog (sorry... "not a blog") screed to write... In more cynical moments I suspect he's just waiting for the series to conclude so he can get some ideas on how to finish the books.