• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jumping from the lift?

ThinkSnow

Yesterday evening I was having dinner with a friend, and the TVs at the bar were showing what appeared to be clips of news footage where people were jumping off of a ski lift into what appeared to be a life net (or something like it). We couldn't make out where it was happening, and there wasn't any sound. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

legalskier

I saw a little girl dangling off a chair on Sunday (mom hadn't pulled the bar down). Then she fell off but I couldn't see her land due to my angle of view. Just then a cheer went up. Heard later that some guys caught her & she was ok.

Last edited:

ThinkSnow

That might have been it, but the angle of the video I saw would have been taken in the crowd of people you can see standing in the background.

ThinkSnow

Now that I see the other links on that page, it was the "5 Year Old Dangles from Ski Lift" that I saw. Thanks, now I know.

gone2seed

Yesterday evening I was having dinner with a friend, and the TVs at the bar were showing what appeared to be clips of news footage where people were jumping off of a ski lift into what appeared to be a life net (or something like it). We couldn't make out where it was happening, and there wasn't any sound. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

http://www.craveonline.com.au/mandatory/1358963-watch-skier-caught-chair-lift-jump-20-feet-safety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk