• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Ganjala

That means way more people would have to come out as openly gay.

lol

i prefer to be discreet because, as they say in china, the nail that sticks out gets hammered back into place

also, kind of hypocritical with just about every resort pumping out as much alcohol as they can into the gullots of skiers for fun and profit, and just about every old guy cloud yeller sucking down suds in plain view without a care in the world

"ERMAGURRDDD MAH KID CAN SEE YOU DRINKING YOUR DEVIL BREW WHAT AM AH GOIN TO TELL MY PRECIOUS CHILD"

rebel1916

I don't care if people smoke weed. I do care if people smoke it in front of me, and my kids. I have a pension that I am quite attached to. That pension comes with a piece of shiny tin in my pocket. I have no obligation to take action for violations, and no power to take action in Vt., but being around drugs would cause me serious problems at work. Further, smoking in public is still illegal everywhere and smoking anywhere is still illegal in NY. I prefer that my kids not be exposed to illegal acts. Consideration for other people goes a long way.

djd66

It's definitely become more frequent, but I dont think it has anything to do with social acceptance or legalization, but rather with a generational'ish deterioration in social manners paired with a gargantuan increase in sense-of-entitlement, sprinkled with a bit of the, "it's all about me" attitude.

+1 What you said is pretty much what this is all about

Plus this:
F-U if what I am doing has any effect on you, I could care less as long as i can get stoned.

Bumpsis

I never really understood the appeal of skiing/riding stoned. I've tried it once and felt like my skiing was really sloppy. Plus, it makes you feel cold.
Pot can be nice if I'm just relaxing, listening to music. I enjoy a nice, light high every now and then when the time is right, but active, athletic activity and pot high just don't mix for me.

ceo

Heh, my first exposure to weed was in the Sugarloaf gondola. Thought it smelled like burned peas, and having been well indoctrinated in school anti-pot propaganda, I let them know what I thought of it. In retrospect, it was pretty inconsiderate of those guys to spark one up in front of an 11-year-old kid.

Ol Dirty Noodle

Heh, my first exposure to weed was in the Sugarloaf gondola. Thought it smelled like burned peas, and having been well indoctrinated in school anti-pot propaganda, I let them know what I thought of it. In retrospect, it was pretty inconsiderate of those guys to spark one up in front of an 11-year-old kid.

Yeah they should’ve offered knowing how hard it is for an 11 year old to score good bud... dicks