• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

SkiingInABlueDream

Black was up for a bit but then was down again. I didn’t ski the woods too much but made the mistake of skiing green line, rocks and roots were pretty rough but there was tons of snow. Finally got to meet Geoff so that was cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Line was a bitch yesterday!! I tried a couple on map glades but found it too bony for my taste. I thought Redline was at its best around midday, when the heavy snow had been broken up enough to make turns a bit easier but before it got really skied off. TZ, Witch and all the main blacks were great yesterday especially for being, what only about a foot of heavy snow over bare ground!

rocks860

Green Line was a bitch yesterday!! I tried a couple on map glades but found it too bony for my taste. I thought Redline was at its best around midday, when the heavy snow had been broken up enough to make turns a bit easier but before it got really skied off. TZ, Witch and all the main blacks were great yesterday especially for being, what only about a foot of heavy snow over bare ground!

I skied twilight zone as my last run yesterday after lunch and it was very nice. Someone skied up behind me and just yelled out “great in here isn’t it?”. I had to agree. Much better than the last time I skied it

rocks860

Run of the day for me was probably up your sleeve in the morning. Tons and tons of barely tracked snow and nobody was skiing it for some reason

Glenn

Yeah, looking like Wednesday! Another Nor'Easter. Should be cold enough for all snow in SoVT.

WJenness

Was at Stratton yesterday... Real fun day.

Hit a couple of glades in the afternoon in the snowbowl area, and they were in real nice shape.

Should be real good if Wed-Thurs storm pans out.

abc

Was at Belleayre yesterday. Busy but very good snow. So every bit worth the hassle.

Besides, beats sitting in a cold house. (still without power)

hammer

Drove up from Mass in the early afternoon, after the rain had a chance to wash away any ice/slush on I-89. As far as I could tell it was all snow from the base of Killington on up.

Killington was crowded on Saturday (as expected) but the snow on Friday made for good conditions.

bdfreetuna

Taking Thursday through Saturday off to ski... thinking try to hit Magic, MRG and Gore or maybe Smuggs if all goes well

This upcoming storm looks fantastic, glad I have a few days saved up!

Jully

I would highly recommend considering Sunday River, S, Loaf, Shawnee, for the coming weekend. Maine may get hammered. I will be in the sun with my toes in the sand.

Looking like we will really get a solid Nor'easter hit in Maine! Thank-you gulf of Maine. Might be calling in sick on Thursday. It is a good week to do it at work too. Unfortunately I already have plans to ski central NH this weekend with friends or else I'd be pushing to ski Wildcat or SR.

Kleetus

Taking Thursday through Saturday off to ski... thinking try to hit Magic, MRG and Gore or maybe Smuggs if all goes well

This upcoming storm looks fantastic, glad I have a few days saved up!

You might want to pass on Gore for now. They got about 6" from the last storm and are looking at another 6" from this one. Given the damage from the previous rains not sure that's enough to make things good. I heard some reports from this weekend it's pretty sketchy still.

SnoDevil97

I was at Gunstock Saturday (3/3) and even though coverage was thin, once it softened up it was pretty pleasant. The place was a ghost-town and many staff were lamenting how dead the place was during their money-making weeks (MA & NH school vacation weeks). Also heard there are no plans to blow snow as the snowmaking budget was already shot for the season.

Fingers crossed for Gunstock to get a big piece of this week's action. They desperately need it to make it to April, the current coverage isn't going to last much longer. I can imagine Ragged, Pat's and Crotched are thinking the same thing.