• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New to You in 2018-2019

xlr8r

Stowe
Finally made it there after all these years, now it is one of my favorites. I expect to come back many times in the future, maybe even one more time this season.

jaytrem

Hunter North. I really liked it.

Hmmm, if I count that I still have a shot at my annual goal of 10.

So far...

Bear Creek
Liberty
Roundtop
Dartmouth
Middlebury

Planning on...

Tahoe Donner
Granlibakken
Soda Springs
Boreal

chuckstah

I went to Mt Eustis to ski, on a Saturday, but found it closed. We did a quick snowshoe lap instead. So none.... yet anyway. Screenshot_20190402-204741.jpgScreenshot_20190402-204715.jpg

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

gladerider

This is my 2nd ski season. So most ski resorts I visited this season are new to me.

Specifically:
UT: Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, Solitude, Deer Valley
CO: Steamboat, Copper
New England: Sugarbush, Sugarloaf, Sunday River, Stratton

Out of these resorts, Alta and Snowbird really impressed from all aspects - terrain, snow, easy access. I would like to visit them every year if possible. Steamboat has really fun tree skiing and I like to re-visit in the future. Sugarbush is easily my favorite in new england with great terrain off Castlerock chair. Need to visit more resorts in northern VT though!

you hit all those in your second year? lucky dog!

jg17

Mount Snow, Big Boulder, Waterville, Jackson Hole, and Park City. Finishing with 36 days, a big jump from never having broken 10 before.

BenedictGomez

I hit Snowbasin on Sunday. Now Brighton & Sundance are the only 2 Wasatch places I havent skied.

Looking down from the start of the 2002 Olympic Men's downhill on a clear day. That pitch probably only lasted 10 seconds, but it was a hoot.

Snowbasin-Downhill.jpg

raisingarizona

New local Couloir for me! It goes much further up from the visable crux in the photo.

AA2F6309-B5AC-41EF-A4D7-0B5DC90FAB31.jpg

cdskier

I was thinking the same thing. Also that they are skiing trees in their 2nd year of skiing and skiing off the castle rock chair.

Yea...that's some impressively quick progression for sure!

EPB

After a big year last year, I only made it to 1.5 new places: Hunter north, east and west (got to the main face last April; east because I was attempting to meet up with some beginners I was with) and Big Boulder last weekend (missed out on Jack Frost by a day). This was my first time skiing in the state of Pennsylvania.

On the to-do list next year is Plattekill, Blue and maybe another one or two in PA. I'd also love to cross Whiteface off the list for a long weekend now that I'm in greater NYC. Magic could be in play, too.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

medfordmike

Did you get Dartmouth Skiway, Abenaki, and the Kanc. Rec ski tow?

I hit the Skiway a few times a year. I really like the place. Hit Abenaki a ways back. Whey i say "my list" i mean places I decided when I moved to New England about 10+ years ago I wanted to get to. Some small places like Arrowhead, Eustis, and Kanc are all good places that are important in their own way but my cutoff for my informal list is "would i take a day off work to go there?". So some of the real small areas didn't make the cut. Maybe when I retire I will revisit this arbitrary methodology but I got a ways to go before then.

BenedictGomez

On the to-do list next year is Plattekill, Blue and maybe another one or two in PA. I'd also love to cross Whiteface off the list for a long weekend now that I'm in greater NYC. Magic could be in play, too.

Plattekill & Magic are absolute musts, possibly the 2 best sleeper areas in the east. Do not "book" a trip to Whiteface, go to Whiteface only once it gets the goods, most serious mountain in the east IMO, but it will stink if it's been a while since it snowed (i.e. Iceface).