• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

prsboogie

It's definitely not my favorite style but LN and Two Roads have the best that I've had. My wife loves it though

ScottySkis

No more beer or whiskey or any alcohol with new medicine I be taking. That OK it was time for stop using alcohol to medicate my depression. Going to start different types of meds and see how it goes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

LoafSkier19

Just got to try out my new home brew as it was finally ready today. It was based off a clone kit of Bissell Bros. Substance and it came out pretty good!

mister moose

Just had a Sebago Brewing Whistle Punk double IPA that I picked up in Maine yesterday. Very good with a taste similar to Second Fiddle at a much better price point.

Agreed. Don't see that much Sebago in CT, but I'll keep my eyes out for this one.

Recent likes:

Kent Falls Sweatpants on tap. Really good APA. On tap in Northampton at that 100 tap Irish pub place. Not bottled.

Long Trail Smash Project #2. Wonderful combo with flavors from both coming through strong. With just a hint of dank skunk. Like you're wallowing in the most seductive perfume from a most attractive woman and the door opens and some cigar smoke blows in from the street. Went back for more. Twice.

Treehouse Juice Machine. Over the top good. Damn, that cigar smoke creeps in on this one too. What is it with these dank beers?

Beer'd. Stonington CT. Watch these guys. Tap only.

Stillwater Give Way IPA. (NY) Good. Strong lemon notes without being at all sour. Different. Not a keeper though.

Fort Hill Double Boch lager. (Western MA) Yummy, malty, IBU somewhere around -10. A great break from those heavy cloudy coat your tongue with hop oil DIPAs. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Jack's Abby barrel aged Framinghammer. (Baltic Porter) Get yourself some, light a fire and make popcorn.

Burlington Beer Co. Another up and comer. Grab some of whatever you find and try some.

I liked Tribute and Valor as well. Getting fat from all the extra 4oz these guys are making me drink.

Foley Bros Citrennial. Very good, but at $9 a bottle, I'll get a 4 pack of something else.

And if you find yourself in Colorado, Modus Hoperandi IPA. You can thank me later.

HD333, that looks like a great selection. (Recently heard from Ms Moose: "Damnit, the fridge is full of beer again!")

ctenidae

Lord Hobo Boomsauce, draft at Coals in Port Chester. Damn fine beer, there.

Having a Boulevard Tank 7, Siason now. They do good work at Boulevard.

ctenidae

No more beer or whiskey or any alcohol with new medicine I be taking. That OK it was time for stop using alcohol to medicate my depression. Going to start different types of meds and see how it goes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Good luck with treatment- stay positive and on plan.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've never stopped there. It's an odd location. By the time I've traveled that far, I just assume keep barreling on home.

JDMRoma

Long Trail Smash Project #2. Wonderful combo with flavors from both coming through strong. With just a hint of dank skunk. Like you're wallowing in the most seductive perfume from a most attractive woman and the door opens and some cigar smoke blows in from the street. Went back for more. Twice.

I've been back many times on SMaSh project 2. Love it ! Better than 1
They just announced SMaSH 3 has been released.
Also just tried the LT Unearthed Stout
Awesomeness In a bottle ! Light chocolate and coffee flavored. Smooth and has a good kick !
Love long trail !!

My quote from mr moose didn't work !
1 st paragraph. !!
Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

Stone Xocoveza stout - their take on "Mexican hot chocolate" - described as brewed with cocoa, coffee, Chile peppers, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg - this REALLY works for me. Sweet, spicy, and a touch of bitter all with a silky feeling on the palate!

Attachments

• 1455080625832.jpg
    1455080625832.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 30

drjeff

I've been back many times on SMaSh project 2. Love it ! Better than 1
They just announced SMaSH 3 has been released.
Also just tried the LT Unearthed Stout
Awesomeness In a bottle ! Light chocolate and coffee flavored. Smooth and has a good kick !
Love long trail !!

My quote from mr moose didn't work !
1 st paragraph. !!
Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Mr Moose has an incredible way with words, especially when it comes to what his palate tells him after a beer crosses his lips!! :beer:

roark

Stone Xocoveza stout - their take on "Mexican hot chocolate" - described as brewed with cocoa, coffee, Chile peppers, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg - this REALLY works for me. Sweet, spicy, and a touch of bitter all with a silky feeling on the palate!
there is a bourbon barrel version ("Charred") as well. Have not yet taster but a couple are sitting in my cellar...

chuckstah

Having a Great North IPA, out of Manchester, NH. Real good piney, floral hoppy goodness. Slightly bitter. Delicious, almost a double at 7%, yet very drinkable. Great brew at $9 six pack.