• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

thetrailboss

Staff member
He just can't help himself!

10418185_10152893369413023_4894565634293410280_n.jpg

Boardguy

I was up this past weekend and I heard from two different people that the gentleman from Fastenal (sp?) is still the GM and his wife is sill there too. Take it for it is worth, just local gossip. I have no idea what the truth of the matter is. I did find the quote in the paper about eventually revealing the name of the new manager odd.

On a more positive note they were doing employee training on lift evacuation yesterday. There were a bunch of cars in the lot both Sat. and Sun. so I assume they were training both days.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
I was up this past weekend and I heard from two different people that the gentleman from Fastenal (sp?) is still the GM and his wife is sill there too. Take it for it is worth, just local gossip. I have no idea what the truth of the matter is. I did find the quote in the paper about eventually revealing the name of the new manager odd.

On a more positive note they were doing employee training on lift evacuation yesterday. There were a bunch of cars in the lot both Sat. and Sun. so I assume they were training both days.

The Fastenal Guy is gone. He was fired two weeks ago; his wife quit the next day. Hence, the "I have a GM but will tell you who it is later" line.

VTKilarney

It will probably take a few months for the new manager to legally change their name to add the letter "q" to the beginning. Once that is done they will probably announce who it is. It'll should be something like "Q-John Q-Smith" or "Q-Jane Q-Wilson".

/sarcasm

BenedictGomez

Anyone could see that this train was in disrepair.

But I think we've now arrived at that key moment when it's left the tracks.... Trainwreck imminent, IMO.

train+off+tracks+pic.jpg

Boardguy

The Fastenal Guy is gone. He was fired two weeks ago; his wife quit the next day. Hence, the "I have a GM but will tell you who it is later" line.

Yep read that here a while back, heard it once over the weekend. Then heard he was still there twice this weekend. :dontknow: Heard lots of other stuff too without asking about any of it. The town is just abuzz with different versions of what is going on.

JPTracker

I just heard that the consultants doing the design for the hotel have stopped work because they have run out of money.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I just heard that the consultants doing the design for the hotel have stopped work because they have run out of money.

No surprise. If you read that article closely, you can see that (1) he has no GM; (2) they are late on paying subs for the Hotel; and (3) there's a lot of conflict up there right now. q tries to dispel these "rumors" but you can see that he clearly doesn't.

VTKilarney

Masskier is way too much of a p*ssy to speak when he's under the gun. He reads this, though.

VTKilarney

Can anyone explain why the steel for the top couple of floors was never installed? They had the crane there, after all.