• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

ctenidae

New Belgium Brewing is launching in NY May 16th, CT in June, then RI. Presumably will continue northeast form there.

HD333

New Belgium Brewing is launching in NY May 16th, CT in June, then RI. Presumably will continue northeast form there.

This is good news, NB was one of my gateway beers into craft back in the day, it would have been great news INHO 6-7 years ago. I am afraid now they will have an early spike in sales then become "shelf turds".

They seem to be entering a somewhat over saturated market, while their beers are good and the newness will boost short term sales I think the novelty will wear off after awhile. I see people these days seem to be more into drinking local fresh beers. I can't recall the last time I bought a beer that was made outside of New England, other than Guinness or Corona Light.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I remember visiting my brother in Colorado in the mid 90s and thinking Fat Tire was fantastic.

I forget where, but I revisited it in recent years and found it pretty disappointing.

I'm with you HD, typically only buy something local. When Ballast Point first became available in New England, I drank a lot of it. Now it's usually only when I don't see something local I feel like buying. Same goes for Stone.

Combination of freshness and wanting to support local businesses sway my purchasing decisions heavily.

BackLoafRiver

Post ride beers at Maine Beer Company on Sunday.

Several new things there including:

Beer I, Beer II, Beer IV (didn't see a III) - All three were IPA's with the II being a session at 4.7% All three were delicious. You could get I II in bottles to go but none of the others.

Riverskier

Not a Bud guy... Baxter IPA is my go to. But amazed with this whole micro brew boom what people are willing to pay for a beer. Maine Beer for example, had some of theirs, and while good, $5 to $10 for a bottle of beer??? Money is an issue, but even if it wasn't I would simply never pay that. Will stick with Baxter, Gearys, Sebago, Victory, Sierra, etc. for under $10 a six pack.

roark

Not a Bud guy... Baxter IPA is my go to. But amazed with this whole micro brew boom what people are willing to pay for a beer. Maine Beer for example, had some of theirs, and while good, $5 to $10 for a bottle of beer??? Money is an issue, but even if it wasn't I would simply never pay that. Will stick with Baxter, Gearys, Sebago, Victory, Sierra, etc. for under $10 a six pack.

heh, you have no idea what some of the rare beers go for!

drjeff

Burlington Beer Co's Strange Apparitions - a rich, velvety smooth texture imperial stout with a great balance of dark chocolate, coffee and mild vanilla undertones - another great brew from Burlington Beer Co! :beer:

Attachments

• 1462500904961.jpg
    1462500904961.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 42

deadheadskier

Staff member
http://alchemistbeer.com/blog/#8031

Some pretty awesome news in here on the new Alchemist Brewery. Being able to buy two cases is huge. Also the pricing is fantastic. $12.50 a 4 pack or $75 for the case. I hope these prices force some of the competition to come down in price some. When I see other breweries charging $17-18 a four pack it really feels like gouging.

Look forward to being up in Stowe for antique car show weekend this summer and the process of stocking up being much easier!

chuckstah

Having a Stone Enjoy by Tangerine with dinner. Smells like, well, tangerine. Taste is citrus hops with a bit of ...tangerine. Great ipa, 9.4 percent, but I like the original a bit better.

Attachments

• 1463090175008.jpg
    1463090175008.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 68

drjeff

Pioneer Brewing, out of South Windsor, CT Trailblazer - the 4th batch of this, the 1st 3 had some folks thinking Treehouse Juicebomb New England Style IPA - Didn't complain when the owner of my local beverage store asked me if I wanted 1 of the 6 four packs one of their reps dropped off today!

Quite good, maybe a half notch below Treehouse or Trillium, but I'd sure buy it again!

Attachments

• 1463791736925.jpg
    1463791736925.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 57

deadheadskier

Staff member
Great Rhythm Resonation Pale Ale has been around for a few years on the NH Seacoast. Don't recall seeing it in cans until recently. Nice summer drinking beer that's fairly priced.

HD333

Building 8 "The IPA" out of North Hampton not a bad IPA, the 4 pack I was given wasn't super fresh and it was still good. I would like to try a fresh batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

Compass IPA brewed here in Colorado Springs by Bristol Brewing Co. Has a nice hoppy flavor with a slight citrus taste that is easy to drink.

dlague

Is it me or does Goose Island IPA taste terrible? I was at a restaurant that offered only Bubweiser products which was a bummer.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm not the biggest fan of Goose. The price is nice, but it's pretty mediocre.

I'm wondering if the quality is the same as prior to Budweiser buying it.