• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Resort Improvements 2015

xlr8r

I don't think anyone has started one of these threads yet this year. What changes/improvements/expansions are taking place this year in the east. I'm ignoring snowmaking upgrades for now as it seems every mountain upgrades their system every year.

Confirmed:
Sugarbush - New Valley house Quad replaces Valley House Double
Cannon - Continued development of racing facilities at Mittersill (Is the T bar going in this year?)
Stratton - Main Base Lodge expansion and renovation after the fire this year.
Burke - Completion of the Hotel
Haystack - New Six Pack replaces Barnstormer Triple
Killington - Mountain Coaster at Snowshed

Rumored:
Sunapee - Replace North Peak Triple with former Snowbowl Quad. Move North Peak Triple to backside of North Peak. (no word on this yet, delayed?)
Waterville - Green Peak expansion. (seems to be approved but no work yet on it not even tree clearing, probably delayed)
Bromley - Upgrade Sun Peak Express chairs to be bubble chairs. (heard about this from a local, could just be a wild rumor)
Sugarloaf - Replace/Upgrade/Fix King Pine Quad. (something is going to be done with this lift, we just don't know what yet)
Loon - Beginner Pod at South Peak. (approved, but probably still a year or two until this gets built

What else is happening?

drjeff

Mount Snow - about 10 miles of snowmaking pipe replacement and the starting site prep, infrastructure work for their West Lake snowmaking project

WoodCore

Barnstormer chair (being replaced by the new six pack) from The Hermitage was bought by West Mountain along with another drive unit. West plans to replace/upgrade their aged infrastructure.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

I was under the impression the Berkshire East terrain expansion was a few years away at least. I thought the main focus this summer was the downhill mountain bike park?

catsup948

Yeah mountain bikes are the main focus this year. Some work may begin on the new terrain. Idea has already been brought to town meeting.

xwhaler

Yeah mountain bikes are the main focus this year. Some work may begin on the new terrain. Idea has already been brought to town meeting.

More details please. What type of terrain? You are our eyes and ears for B East news.

Domeskier

Any new trails being cut or did the competition just throw in the towel after Sundown installed Satan's Staircase last year?