• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The dreaded ''Closings 2019'' thread

legalskier

I just checked out that forum and couldn’t find a thread about blue being up for sale or being sold. I did see a few posts in some threads that hinted about it and some about money issues but not much.
I’ve heard this rumor going around at the mountain much of the year and I wished I could find more about it.
Some people say Vail is buying it but I find that hard to believe. Peaks would be my best guess and would be awesome to have it on the Peaks Pass.

Your prayers have been answered.

Attachments

• blue mtn vail.jpg
    blue mtn vail.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Last edited:

legalskier

2Planker

Last day for Stratton is Sunday, April 14th.

Attitash is done but says "We MAY be open for one more weekend 4/6 & 4/7"
Somehow I doubt it..... Plus things are much better over at The Cat

Ol Dirty Noodle

Bellayre’s last day is Sunday unless they get snow next week in which case they’ll open next weekend too.

machski

Well, not exactly a close, but if you're feeling nostalgic and need a final ride on Killington's North Ridge Triple, get there by this Sunday. After that, they are beginning the dismantling while they still have snow on the ground.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

legalskier

Whiteface: closed on April 8 & 9, re-opening April 10. I guess they'll be doing their taxes.

Last edited:

Rushski

Yesterday was the closing of Ragged. Surprisingly low numbers for good conditions and weather.

skiMEbike

The Loaf just announced they will be open DAILY through May 5th!! With another 15 inches of snow this week, I am thinking there will be plenty of trails to ski on May 5th.

And I see MadPatSki has already captured that in his blog.

Last edited:

2Planker

The Loaf just announced they will be open DAILY through May 5th!! With another 15 inches of snow this week, I am thinking there will be plenty of trails to ski on May 5th.

And I see MadPatSki has already captured that in his blog.

SR just announced they will be OPEN for the weekend of 4/27 & 4/28
Orig last day was supposed to be 4/21.....
Although I do think it's weekends only after 4/15

machski

SR just announced they will be OPEN for the weekend of 4/27 & 4/28
Orig last day was supposed to be 4/21.....
Although I do think it's weekends only after 4/15
Original original last day was the 28th with weekends after the 15th published on everything they put out. For some reason, they had changed their mind after the flash season pass sales ended and tried to shrink it to the 21st. Outrage ensued and they went back to will be open 27/28th if conditions allow. I figured they would wait til Thursday or Friday the 25/26 to make a decision in case it looked like a rainout weekend, glad they have committed to it now. We are only skiing everything still and with 8-10 inches of new snow this week, should keep about everything open.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

Bellayre’s last day is Sunday unless they get snow next week in which case they’ll open next weekend too.

I saw they're opening this Saturday for one more day. $25 window rate and $10 for pass-holders from other mountains.