• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Groups snaking across whole trails

Smellytele

Not that it is only group lessons and racers but it seems to be them more often. If a group of lesson takers need to take up a whole diamond trail snaking across it maybe they shouldn't be on it. It becomes awfully difficult and dangerous getting through. I understand on beginner terrain and somewhat on intermediate but they should be at a level where this isn't needed on most intermediate and expert terrain.

Racers on the other hand tend to do it but 1 or 2 at a time and usually stop at the edges when others are coming down and don't go until they pass.

mbedle

At what resort are you seeing lesson takers snaking across black trails? I can't say that I have seen that often (if not at all), but don't ski a lot of different resorts.

SkiMom80

I have seen lessons doing this at multiple places but most recently at Cannon

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I love Cannon, and I love that most of the people at Cannon can ski, but I often get the feeling there that many people feel like "Cannon is theirs" and they don't need to consider others. There are people stopped in the middle of the trail (just hanging out), people passing uncomfortably close at crazy high speeds, and a few weeks ago a swarm of FSC kids took out my both me and my 5-year-old. The coaches addressed the situation appropriately, and thankfully no one was hurt, but it could have been much worse.

So mostly this is just a vent to agree with you!

Smellytele

I love Cannon, and I love that most of the people at Cannon can ski, but I often get the feeling there that many people feel like "Cannon is theirs" and they don't need to consider others. There are people stopped in the middle of the trail (just hanging out), people passing uncomfortably close at crazy high speeds, and a few weeks ago a swarm of FSC kids took out my both me and my 5-year-old. The coaches addressed the situation appropriately, and thankfully no one was hurt, but it could have been much worse.

So mostly this is just a vent to agree with you!

Another issue I have had seen at Cannon (and other places) is people get in line without their whole party and then people cut through the line to get up with their friends. This seems to be mostly older regulars who think the mountain is theirs like you mentioned.

Ol Dirty Noodle

Another issue I have had seen at Cannon (and other places) is people get in line without their whole party and then people cut through the line to get up with their friends. This seems to be mostly older regulars who think the mountain is theirs like you mentioned.

That I’ve noticed everywhere, pisses me off to no end. I’m usually riding single and it really does annoy me when I’m about to load with 2 people as per the lifties instruction and they say no we’re four, and the other two come skipping under the rope