• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter AZ Gathering - 12/15/2006

JimG.

Staff member
You nailed ike the last time for sure.

Something clicked that last run of the day down Ike with you.

Yesterday was even better. I guess my mindset has finally adjusted to skiing big spring bumps in December.

Weird.

bvibert

Staff member
That's it...Greg, you're fired as my cinematographer. I'm replacing you with bvibert...he got a few of my better runs down the left edge of Hellgate. You Mr. Greg? Bloopers I say, nothing but bloopers!

I'll give you credit you got a vid of one clean run down Ike. But that's it.

I appreciate that you gave me the option of editing that out, but it would have ruined the spirit of the day.

Much fun gang.

Greg has a knack for catching people when they fall, maybe he has some sort of mind control or something...

Greg

Staff member
Greg has a knack for catching people when they fall, maybe he has some sort of mind control or something...
Shush!

mind_control.gif

JimG.

Staff member
You think maybe its cause that's all you want to ski? :grin:

Guys in the Vid.

Greg - I didn't know you where so good. You rip the bumps.
DMC - I know nothing about snowboarding technique, but my eyes and common sense tell me you're great at it.
JimmyG. - Even though we had never met it felt like I was meeting up with an old friend. You have very strong technique, it's easy to see why you have a level 3 certification.
2knees - you are nice. I love your old school bang em out, balls to the wall bump style. I enjoyed our conversation on the chair. You have alot of dedication, hope you make it to Whiteface.
SOD - the boy can turn them for sure. Those where the first bumps we skied this season, he's even better with a little pratice. Yeah, I know I'm his father, but he really is good.
HPD - was very sore, but happy the next day. :-D

Good times had by all...wish I could have stayed for another beer, but family life said it was time to go.

dmc

DMC - I know nothing about snowboarding technique, but my eyes and common sense tell me you're great at it

ehhh... I get by.... :) just been doing it for the last 16 years...

I had a great day last Friday.. Psyched to ski with y'all at WF...

cbcbd

That was an awesome time, thanks for setting it up Greg. I'll have to come to more of these and learn myself some technique on them bumps!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
i was cringing expecting video of my slide down hellgate. Unlike you jim, it looks like i managed to avoid the camera on my yardsale. You nailed ike the last time for sure.

O no Andy z has the vid of that one I thinkand I havent seen hhim post up his vid yet:lol:

Yep, Hawkshot99 is correct, I have the footage. The only problem it was taken with a helmet cam, there is no zoom on a helmet cam :) . I tried working on the vid a bit yesterday, however work emergencies keep on getting in the way. I'll try and get that done ASAP.

bvibert

Staff member
Yep, Hawkshot99 is correct, I have the footage. The only problem it was taken with a helmet cam, there is no zoom on a helmet cam :) . I tried working on the vid a bit yesterday, however work emergencies keep on getting in the way. I'll try and get that done ASAP.

Someone needs to set some priorities!!! :roll:

JimG.

Staff member
That was an awesome time, thanks for setting it up Greg. I'll have to come to more of these and learn myself some technique on them bumps!

Great to meet you and your friends.

We'll do this again soon.

Greg

Staff member

Great to meet you and your friends.

We'll do this again soon.

Agreed. You're close to handling the bumps. I seem to recall a run you made down Ike with very little trouble.

2knees

whoops, thats right you did say you got it on film. i thought someone told me that. should be interesting to see. I slid a good distance on my side and back.

Greg

Staff member
Paging HelmetCam. HelmetCam, where are you..?

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Yeah, man. Where's that effin video...?

Greg, gonna have to wash your mouth out with soap ;)

In it's raw form, it's 11 GB, so got some work to do, V normally does but can't right now, and little time. :( For the most part it's not that great, 2knees, Hawkshot99, me, Grassi falling and getting sprayed by bvibert. trtaylor, V, zook, and others skiing. Alot of footage of you, guess since marc wasn't there, someone had to step in. :)

Grassi21

Greg, gonna have to wash your mouth out with soap ;)

In it's raw form, it's 11 GB, so got some work to do, V normally does but can't right now, and little time. :( For the most part it's not that great, 2knees, Hawkshot99, me, Grassi falling and getting sprayed by bvibert. trtaylor, V, zook, and others skiing. Alot of footage of you, guess since marc wasn't there, someone had to step in. :)

BTW, I have seen the vid of my spill. Hilarious! I'm not sure if you will keep the same music in the final vid, but it fit so well. I think I've watched it about 10 times since Friday.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
BTW, I have seen the vid of my spill. Hilarious! I'm not sure if you will keep the same music in the final vid, but it fit so well. I think I've watched it about 10 times since Friday.

Yeah, I think the music fits perfectly. I'm thinking of doing a section of the vid with all the falls and that tune. I didn't want to put you vid out without your permission, so if you want just post the link.

Grassi21

Yeah, I think the music fits perfectly. I'm thinking of doing a section of the vid with all the falls and that tune. I didn't want to put you vid out without your permission, so if you want just post the link.

If you are going to put it into a larger vid, roll with it. My spill might not look as bad with a couple other spills mixed in. I was more embarrassed by my turns than the fall and you edited out the ugly turns nicely. :)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
If you are going to put it into a larger vid, roll with it. My spill might not look as bad with a couple other spills mixed in. I was move embarrassed by my turns than the fall and you edited out the ugly turns nicely. :)

Your spills the best, especially the part where that meanie bvibert comes by, sprays a man while he's down with snow and just continues on.