• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

mt snow

drjeff

Ripcord, jaws, plummet, challenger, and beartrap bumped and skied well today :) Depending on how warm if gets this week, jaws, plummet and challenger could very well be done (all natural snow) and if it REALLY gets warm, Beartrap could melt out too this week :eek:

Glenn

Yeah, Beartrap was a bit thin on the skiers left today. :sadface:

bheemsoth

I'm planning on my final day of the season being at Mount Snow next Sunday.

Glenn/Jeff/others who were there this weekend - do you think the mountain will hold up enough for one more decent weekend of skiing, given the forecast for the upcoming week?

Brian

Glenn

The natural trails were fading quickly. With temps in the 60's this week....

I think the snowmaking trails will be good to go for this weekend. Despite the lack of mother nature snow, they hammered a lot of their snowmaking trails all season.

I'll probably be there Saturday Brian...I can post a quick TR/Condition update later Saturday if that would be helpful.

vcunning

They did mention they made 27% more snow this year compared to last year. And with all the rain and crazy temps this year, they had no water supply issues.

Their focus on pounding some key trails with snowmaking (instead of everything) will probably benefit us towards over the next 4 weeks. But it may not assist with the moguls. And it's been a terrible year for trees.

I'll also try to respond to this thread as I will be up there next Saturday (maybe Friday too as I feel I might need a Dr visit by then . . . anyone know a Dr in the Mount Snow area?)

bheemsoth

The natural trails were fading quickly. With temps in the 60's this week....

I think the snowmaking trails will be good to go for this weekend. Despite the lack of mother nature snow, they hammered a lot of their snowmaking trails all season.

I'll probably be there Saturday Brian...I can post a quick TR/Condition update later Saturday if that would be helpful.

Thanks Glenn! We'll be at K on Saturday, and Sunday is simply a "voucher depletion" day, so even if it's not too great, we'll still probably go. I would appreciate the TR though.

Brian

Glenn

I hear ya Vince...tough year for bumps! With the warm temps, the natural moguls may start to form...probably our only hope at this point.

No problem Brian! I'll post something up Saturday evening. I'll put it in the TR forum; should be easy to spot.

drjeff

Oh God, are things that dire so quickly??

Jay, all I'll say is that when I picked my kids up from their programs yesterday (Monday) at 3:30, my car thermometer read 63 degrees in the drop off area, and the thermomter IN THE SHADE in the Big Dipper Building (at the top of the magic carpet next to the base of Canyon Quad) was reading 58 degrees :eek:

*Most* snowmaking trails will be fine come next weekend. The natural snow trails all across New England are going to take a hit this week for sure with the forcasted temps, especially with the generally above freezing overnight low temps.

jaywbigred

Anyone have any late week reports? Has management said anything about Reggaefest and/or the Gladeiator/beer feat weekends?

vcunning

If you go to Mount Snow's home page and click on Kelly's Blog, she has a very candid view of what's going on. I dont think Reggaefest will be a problem (escept for those that our competing against our Duct Tape Derby sled). Not sure of the Gladeiator. The weather forecast for the flatlands put us iat 80 later this week.Q

bheemsoth

If you go to Mount Snow's home page and click on Kelly's Blog, she has a very candid view of what's going on. I dont think Reggaefest will be a problem (escept for those that our competing against our Duct Tape Derby sled). Not sure of the Gladeiator. The weather forecast for the flatlands put us iat 80 later this week.Q

Thanks for posting this. That's an excellent blog, and is refreshingly honest - considering that it is posted on the main page of a major resort's website. Nice to see.

In all likelihood we'll be at Snow on Sunday for our last day of the season. Look for the tall dude rocking cargo shorts and a sweatshirt.

vcunning

I have heard Reggae will involve Golf this year.

There might be a combo ticket that gets you 9 holes golf.

Great skiing today. Classic spring conditions. Just an absouletly awesome view from the summit this am. The base was fogged in and at the top you were in sunshine above the clouds.

Yhe deck on Cuzzins and the Station Tap Room were not bad either.

Tomoorow will be a great day!

Glenn

I took some pics this AM and I'lll have to upload them. I ve never seen a view from the top like that. It was awesome.

bheemsoth

Excellent day so far. Spent most of the morning over at North Face. Ripcord and Freefall are my runs of the day.

The main face is starting to get pretty barren, but there is plenty of mashed potato snow on North.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

drjeff

Excellent day so far. Spent most of the morning over at North Face. Ripcord and Freefall are my runs of the day.

The main face is starting to get pretty barren, but there is plenty of mashed potato snow on North.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

If you saw someone skiing the ripper in a PBR employee shirt, that was Glenn ;) (seriously!)

The ripper was skiing HUGE today! The bumps down the centerline were BIG! Rehydrating now in the Station Taproom drinking a freshly tapped keg of Ayinger Brau Weise - can't beat a good wheat beer on a warm day! :beer: