• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Giveaway - (3) Lift Passes to Pats Peak in Henniker, NH

steamboat1

Thanks Nick. Was away skiing for a few days & just saw this now. Pat's is one of only a handful of places in the NE I haven't skied. Guess I'll have to add another feather in my cap.

BenedictGomez

I never seen the Catskills or Mass CT even the ADK s Roxury NY some where we ski and snowboarding to.

Even by Scotty's standards, this sentence is in an extra-terrestrial dialect.

Last year we gave away 20 passes to Gore

My gf and I played that game religiously, and we both won. It was the coolest one of these I've seen, because it was actually a trivia game (meaning you actually had to do something to won), and I'd say 16/20 questions werent things you could simply GOOG and have an answer in 15 seconds. So the person at Gore who assembled the quiz did an awesome job too in researching things you couldnt easily find on the net.

And marketing like this works too, because neither my gf or I had ever skied there before, and we liked Gore so much we went BACK last year, and will go back SEVERAL times this year. So by giving away two free lift tickets which literally cost Gore nothing (well....maybe 8¢ worth of materials) they created two new customers and have already made some money on us last year and will make more this year and out into the future. Sometimes the greatest "hurdle" in mining new customers is just getting them to try your product in the first place.

fahz

My gf and I played that game religiously, and we both won. It was the coolest one of these I've seen, because it was actually a trivia game (meaning you actually had to do something to won), and I'd say 16/20 questions werent things you could simply GOOG and have an answer in 15 seconds. So the person at Gore who assembled the quiz did an awesome job too in researching things you couldnt easily find on the net.

And marketing like this works too, because neither my gf or I had ever skied there before, and we liked Gore so much we went BACK last year, and will go back SEVERAL times this year. So by giving away two free lift tickets which literally cost Gore nothing (well....maybe 8¢ worth of materials) they created two new customers and have already made some money on us last year and will make more this year and out into the future. Sometimes the greatest "hurdle" in mining new customers is just getting them to try your product in the first place.

I also did that contest and enjoyed the challenge. It became a daily thing and I agree some of the answers were not always easy to find and open ended enough that it seemed like multiple answers might work. I did very well scoring a Gore ticket and the grand prize. Gore is a great place to go but not the easiest mountain to find deals to ski. I'm hoping to get up there again also! The grand prize, the skies, came in the end of last season but the bindings were back ordered and did not arrive until summer. I recently had them mounted and look forward to trying them. I'm just waiting for mother nature to cover the trails and all the rocks before I break them in. A picture will show up when I do. I also would go for another challenge like that one ~ thanks Nick for your part in that!