• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread

chrisrunsi

Anyone come across the Ski VT passes yet? I bought a couple last year, I believe they come in a 3 and 6 packs? Someone posted the form on here last year, was just wondering if it was up yet. I checked SkiVermont.com but didn't find anything.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have emailed them twice and know of others who have emailed/called etc and not gotten response.

My guess is that they're still wrangling over pricing. With club prices going up this year, I do not anticipate the Ski Vermont deal to be as good as past years.

frozencorn

I have emailed them twice and know of others who have emailed/called etc and not gotten response.

My guess is that they're still wrangling over pricing. With club prices going up this year, I do not anticipate the Ski Vermont deal to be as good as past years.

Spoke with someone there, and they said open and accepting until Oct. 4 and to email or call the office. They're not regularly made public for whatever reason. I'd try contacting again.

reefer

When I called VSAA this morning they said three and five pack VT Passports were going on sale on October 4th. That seems pretty standard for them. Didn't ask about a price.

chrisrunsi

When I called VSAA this morning they said three and five pack VT Passports were going on sale on October 4th. That seems pretty standard for them. Didn't ask about a price.

Thanks all! Just trying to get my ducks in a row for the season. :wink:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Everyone hear about the K55 Killington ticket yet?

Link
Thanks for posting the link. I was looking at it earlier in the week. Not a bad deal. There are places to get them for 7 to 15 bucks cheaper, if you need to save money for beer. :cool:

Terms: Pre-purchase up to ten tickets for $55 each. Deadline is October 15th. Standard VT blackout dates apply.

I don't understand the assertion that these are "perfect for skiers and riders planning to hit the slopes four or more days" since there is no minimum purchase.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Belleayre Ski Club Discount

Last year, Belleayre offered 10 bucks off for anyone showing a ski club card. I'm posting it here to keep an eye on it. Discounts like this often recur.http://www.belleayre.com/winter/lift.htm

Ski Club Discounts-
Live to ski and ski to live? Well, we have great news because Belleayre has a ski club discount! Receive $10 off a full or half day rack price ticket any day.​

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
http://www.goremountain.com/tickets-passes/frequent.cfm

four tickets for Gore or Whiteface, fully transferable, $249, $62.50 each. Not that big a savings off a 79 ticket.
No, definitely not much savings their, especially with a four ticket commitment. The standard in New England for packs is three packs at a significantly lower price point (a la MRG, Wildcat, Magic, etc.).

I am hoping Price Chopper will run their three pack special which included Gore and Whiteface. I think that was a three pack for $140 or so...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
No, definitely not much savings their, especially with a four ticket commitment. The standard in New England for packs is three packs at a significantly lower price point (a la MRG, Wildcat, Magic, etc.).

I am hoping Price Chopper will run their three pack special which included Gore and Whiteface. I think that was a three pack for $140 or so...

the only upside to the NY offer is that they are fully transferrable. Then again, I don't have any interest in being in the ticket distribution business.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Boston ski and snowboard expo, Nov 11 -14th. $12 ticket.
$4 off until Sept. 30th with code. PM me.

$2 off http://www.bewisports.com/expos/boston is the regular discount.
I'm going.

Included with your ticket is a one-year subscription to SKI or Transworld Snowboarding magazine. To register for your subscription you must complete an e-form on one of the computers at the entrance to the expo.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Smugglers - Plan to ski 2 or more days? Consider a "Bash Badge" - $89 before labor day, 109 by halloween - allows you to purchase a adult day ticket for $25. Consider this if you've maxed out other bulk ticket purchase programs from clubs or associations.

tjf67

There are deals on whiteface but they are hard to find.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Smugglers - Plan to ski 2 or more days? Consider a "Bash Badge" - $89 before labor day, 109 by halloween - allows you to purchase a adult day ticket for $25. Consider this if you've maxed out other bulk ticket purchase programs from clubs or associations.
I might consider that for next year before Labor Day, I just saw that two weeks ago. At $89, that is only $41 for four tickets and it goes down from there with decreasing drops the more you get. That is right at my $40 per ticket target. At $109 that is $46 per day for four days which is still really good but there are better deals at that price point.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
From the Sliding on the Cheap newsletter....

Exclusive “Sliding on the Cheap” offer! Purchase a THREE PACK for only $99 plus tax. The three pack tickets are valid anytime throughout the 2010/2011 season. Tickets must be purchased by October 15th.

To order: 1 888-BURKEVT and be sure to ask for the "Sliding on the Cheap THREE PACK."

SICK DEAL, GO BURKE!!!