• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Women Of Dirt

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Looks pretty cool:

http://awesomeland.com/?p=10

However, now I really feel like a wuss..:oops:

Why?

I'm a big sally. Lots of people go bigger and faster than me, some that sit when they pee, some that stand; but that doesn't really have much bearing on their riding as far as I'm concerned. Except the relative convenience after drinking too much from the CamelBak in the middle of the woods too quickly.

wa-loaf

I know how you feel. Last week about 6 girls(recognized a couple from Bikerag) came pedaling right by me at Case. I pretty much took the first turn I could find:oops:

You should have asked for pointers. Might have lead somewhere ...

bvibert

Staff member
Why?

I'm a big sally. Lots of people go bigger and faster than me, some that sit when they pee, some that stand; but that doesn't really have much bearing on their riding as far as I'm concerned. Except the relative convenience after drinking too much from the CamelBak in the middle of the woods too quickly.

Well, I generally feel like more of a wuss after watching most MTB videos. But I guess I'm also one of those stereotypical males who tends to think I'm better than girls at most things. I know that I'm not better, but it still hurts my male ego to see females doing stuff that I'm too chicken to do. ;)

TheBEast

Nice......just thinking about how I can get my daughter (she's 2 1/2 now so I've got time) interested in the adventure sports...so I can be the one learning from her some day!

BackLoafRiver

Well, I generally feel like more of a wuss after watching most MTB videos. But I guess I'm also one of those stereotypical males who tends to think I'm better than girls at most things. I know that I'm not better, but it still hurts my male ego to see females doing stuff that I'm too chicken to do. ;)

Agreed. It is always humbling when I see some girl go SCREAMING by me on the trails and absolutely tear it up. This leads to another thought....

What is the mountain bike equivalent to a ski bunny?