• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 11/22

date: 11/22/08

Hunter Mountain

Weather: Cold, flurries, 0 at the summint at 7:30am

Quick report. Midwinter condition. Hellgate/ Broadway// Kennedy/ 5th, Belt, Park Ave Mosssy. Great conditons. Some bumps. Reserved trails amazing. Minya/ Lower Crossover/ Ike. Blowing snow on Wayout, Racers, Gun Hill, Minya, Crossover, Ike.

What a geat start.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
One "run" and we called it a day. Looks like it's going to take some time for my wife to get her confidence back after breaking her ankle last Thanksgiving. :(

But snow was nice:

main.php

Lines at 9am:

main.php

main.php

main.php

2knees

One "run" and we called it a day. Looks like it's going to take some time for my wife to get her confidence back after breaking her ankle last Thanksgiving. :(

sorry to hear that about vee. Was it a physical problem or what is more the mental aspect of getting hurt again for her? anyway, hope she sticks to it and you guys get back out there soon.

Greg

Staff member

That sucks, Andy. At least Vee has the first day behind her. Hopefully it will only get easier for her.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Actually it was here second day,first was Killington on 11/2, and yes this was mental. We hit Minya (I think) and she just froze when she saw the huge whales. While waiting for her to work her way down, a snowboarder fell and crashed into me broke the tip of my pole off. I decided to stick to easier terrain, so we went to the B lift, for some reason there was a line and it was closed. We waited about 10 minutes, before I decided that between everything, we would just be better off calling it a day. Season is young, we'll be back ! :)

Eski

Actually it was here second day,first was Killington on 11/2, and yes this was mental. We hit Minya (I think) and she just froze when she saw the huge whales. While waiting for her to work her way down, a snowboarder fell and crashed into me broke the tip of my pole off. I decided to stick to easier terrain, so we went to the B lift, for some reason there was a line and it was closed. We waited about 10 minutes, before I decided that between everything, we would just be better off calling it a day. Season is young, we'll be back ! :)
and why would you even think to bring her down a closed trail?
or was it more about what Andy wanted to do instead of doing the right thing for V
sorry, but you should know better, she's coming off a severe injury and needs to take things at 'her' pace ... way to help psych her out :roll:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
and why would you even think to bring her down a closed trail?
or was it more about what Andy wanted to do instead of doing the right thing for V
sorry, but you should know better, she's coming off a severe injury and needs to take things at 'her' pace ... way to help psych her out :roll:

Eski, not for nothing, but try thinking before posting. Still not familiar with all trails at Hunter, notice I said "Minya (I think)" trail was not closed, so if not Minya it may have been Hellgate. . The plan was to hit Belt, but either it was still closed first thing in the morning or we missed the turn. By the time we wound up where we did, it was too late to turn back. I guess shit like that don't happen to experts such as yourself. "more about what Andy wanted" I am truly offended by that remark, there is nothing more important to me than my wife. And here I thought you were cool. Guess that's my second mistake in two days :roll:

Eski

Eski, not for nothing, but try thinking before posting. Still not familiar with all trails at Hunter, notice I said "Minya (I think)" trail was not closed, so if not Minya it may have been Hellgate. . The plan was to hit Belt, but either it was still closed first thing in the morning or we missed the turn. By the time we wound up where we did, it was too late to turn back. I guess shit like that don't happen to experts such as yourself. "more about what Andy wanted" I am truly offended by that remark, there is nothing more important to me than my wife. And here I thought you were cool. Guess that's my second mistake in two days :roll:
Ha, I'm not an expert by any means and never claimed to be cool either, so your perceptions are already suspect ... I'm also not trying to pick on you, feel as offended as you want, but there's a time when common sense should be the priority, I'm just pointing out the obvious

perhaps you had no business taking the quad to the top in the first place ... you know that mountain well enough to know where the Belt is, there's no 'missing it' and there is no 'easy' way down ... you also know the Belt is not beginner terrain ... just like rehab, she's got to take baby steps ... nothing tougher than trying to remove the fear from someone, worse yet is to be the one responsible for instilling it ... carry on

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Ha, I'm not an expert by any means and never claimed to be cool either, so your perceptions are already suspect ... I'm also not trying to pick on you, feel as offended as you want, but there's a time when common sense should be the priority, I'm just pointing out the obvious

perhaps you had no business taking the quad to the top in the first place ... you know that mountain well enough to know where the Belt is, there's no 'missing it' and there is no 'easy' way down ... you also know the Belt is not beginner terrain ... just like rehab, she's got to take baby steps ... nothing tougher than trying to remove the fear from someone, worse yet is to be the one responsible for instilling it ... carry on

Eski, one last thing and this is my last remark for you. Next time you see me, make like you don't know, cause it's quite obvious, you don't.

Eski

Eski, one last thing and this is my last remark for you. Next time you see me, make like you don't know, cause it's quite obvious, you don't.

well then, I'll quote something from someone else that comes off as clueless ..... "you betcha"

time to ski :daffy:

BLESS

Do you know this guy and his wife? If not, you jumped all over him & lectured him like he was 15 years old. Way out of line if you dont know these people. I assume you only did it because you thought they skied a closed run @ your precious mountain, & not because you actually gave a shit about him or his wife.

I dont know them.....so you sure as hell wouldnt see me talking down to someone about theyre choice of trails skied, let alone how to help his wife.....your comments are ODD. ???

bvibert

Staff member
Not surprisingly Hunter looks good from the pics. They really know how to lay down a ton of snow in a short time!

Sorry to hear about Vee's mental hold back Andy. Ease her back into it, I'm sure she'll get back into the swing of things soon!