• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Redemption Storm? 02/23/2016 - 02/26/2016

BenedictGomez

Here's NOAA's-WPC latest QPC run. Tremblant still in the middle of it with no rain predicted. If it moves a little bit east, Northern Vermont could be the winner.

p168i.gif

Not a good way to look at things. Reality of the next week isnt awe inspiring.

Reality of the situation is I might visit Mont Tremblant for the first time in my life this season, and not via any great desire to do so. :(

tnt1234

Not a good way to look at things. Reality of the next week isnt awe inspiring.

Reality of the situation is I might visit Mont Tremblant for the first time in my life this season, and not via any great desire to do so. :(

I'm looking specifically at the generic forecasts for this Sunday > Monday, and it looks promising for Tremblant.

Would love for it to shift east and save us the driving, but sounds unlikely?

Los

60 degrees in the upper valley. Sunshine and blue skies. A beautiful spring day.

It's horrifying.

Tin

VT got crazy lucky. Sunday NWS was predicting 2.5-3", Monday-Tues NWS was predicting 2-2.5" of rain. Most places along the spine appear to have received 1-1.5".

bdfreetuna

There is still skiing to be had.

Hope I won't be throwing away a Bolton 4-pack and cheap Mont Sutton passes this year though.

Looks like Jay and the VT upper spine and K-Mart for the rest of the year.. we'll see.

fbrissette

Hope I won't be throwing away a Bolton 4-pack and cheap Mont Sutton passes this year though.

Looks like Jay and the VT upper spine and K-Mart for the rest of the year.. we'll see.

Incredibly enough, Jay only lost 6 runs. Yes they got lucky. Montreal was flooded last evening. Crazy weather.

fbrissette

It is a great mountain. It can get quite busy depending on when you show up. You will probably be pleasantly surprised, especially considering the exchange rate. For a first visit, consider staying on location in the Village.

VTKilarney

Just drove slightly north of Mt. Sutton. It looks bad. Really bad.

BenedictGomez

cheap Mont Sutton passes

How do you score those?

It is a great mountain. It can get quite busy depending on when you show up. You will probably be pleasantly surprised, especially considering the exchange rate. For a first visit, consider staying on location in the Village.

I might go next weekend depending on how the Sunday/Monday and midweek storms play out. It will probably be mobbed I imagine what with the break?

Is that Plattekill?

Yup. I have a few vouchers left that it looks like I wont be using. :(

fbrissette

I might go next weekend depending on how the Sunday/Monday and midweek storms play out. It will probably be mobbed I imagine what with the break? :(

It will be busy over the week-end for sure. Ski conditions have only been good for 12 days north of Montreal so i would assume a lot of families have canceled ski trips and are going to Cuba so it might not be as bad as usual.

Here's how to manage Tremblant on a busy day:

- be there at opening
- go straight to North-Side and stay there until more people show up (10h30 typically)
- head to the Edge
- have an 11h30 lunch.

From then on, look at the info on top which tell you waiting lines at each lift.

VTKilarney

I do 80% of my ski season passes / vacation planning in advance with deals at the Boston Ski Show.

It's actually $15 tickets to Orford, Sutton, Owls Head and one more around there, maybe Tremblant.

Tremblant ain't "around there." Bromont, perhaps?

Bromont Sweet Tickets are $49 CAD for two. Good any day of the week. Heck of a deal.

I really liked Orford, but they took it on the chin with this storm.

Last edited: