• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trumbull - 7/5/11

bvibert

Staff member
Another Tuesday night ass kicking for me yesterday. We did about 8.6 miles, but there was quite a bit of tech and ups and downs. This was the third week in a row of doing this ride at Trumbull and each ride was different from the last. They covered some of the same terrain for sure, but there was more than enough new/different stuff to keep me on my toes. Actually even if it was the same exact ride I'd still be on my toes. I am starting to know some sections by now at least, so it's a bit less nerve racking in spots. Some day I may even know my way around. :beer:

I'm really digging these Tuesday night rides, I just wish Trumbull wasn't so far from my house. It's not that I mind the close to hour drive home so much, it's that it's so late by the time I get home. Getting home at 10pm after a long day and a couple of hours of pedaling my ass off all I want to do is crawl into bed, let alone put all my bike shit away, take a shower, and eat dinner. Also my car radio can't pick up any decent radio stations down that way. So I spend a good part of the drive constantly scanning for anything worth listening too, all the while wishing I hadn't cancelled my Sirius subscription, or had a MP3 player hookup... :roll:

Here's the track for Gary:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...&ll=41.26613,-73.207569&spn=0.028774,0.076389

bvibert

Staff member
looks like you rode by the cliff overlooking the highway. i don't' recall that being a great part of the ride but i always enjoyed it, more for the cool view.

Yup, I'd been up there once before on my first ride there. In this case I was intent on keeping up with the guy in front of me so I didn't really get a chance to check out the scenery. It is kinda cool riding up above the highway like that though.

WoodCore

Good ride last night for sure, glad I was able to catch up to the group. Definitely did a bunch of looping around in the maze area but it was good in that it gave me a second look at a couple of the technical ups even though I wasn't able to clean many of them. I plan on being back next Tuesday for more punishment and maybe I'll even be on time.

bvibert

Staff member
Good ride last night for sure, glad I was able to catch up to the group. Definitely did a bunch of looping around in the maze area but it was good in that it gave me a second look at a couple of the technical ups even though I wasn't able to clean many of them. I plan on being back next Tuesday for more punishment and maybe I'll even be on time.

That is definitely a good part about looping around to the same section in the same ride. If nothing else for me it gets me more familiar with the terrain.

bvibert

Staff member
I'm freaking beat today though. Keeping my eyes open has been a challenge...