• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stenger and Quiros Ousted from Management of Jay Peak and Burke

BenedictGomez

In my next life, I want to come back as a class action lawsuit attorney.

You get $25 Million or $100 Million, and the "victims" get $2.50 or $100.

JoeB-Z

BenedictGomez

Eventually a large part of the Kingdom Con story will be AnC Bio related. Here is a link to a preposterous assessment of the business prospects......Every one of these "products" require clinical trials that take years and have enormous budgets.

And are extremely high-risk from the standpoint of likelihood of success and FDA approval, and 1001 other obvious things frankly.

All of which State of Vermont SHOULD have known, except in addition to Vermont's complete lack of financial regulation, Vermont did zero due diligence and clearly didn't bother to ask anyone with biotech or healthcare experience about the potential risks, who 100% would have told them this project is NUTS.

But here's the reality: State of Vermont didn't WANT to know - so long as $500,000 checks were coming into Vermont, that's all they cared about. I said this in 2013:

The problem is the unintended consequences of monkeying with the market. Most people with a facile view of economics will say, "what's the problem! Tons of money is coming in from foreigners, it didnt cost American's anything, and it will create jobs!" - but just give it about a decade and you'll see the problems. The jobs dont come, not really anyway, and they're often transient and always fraudulently overestimated. And in this particular case, they're so hungry to bring in $500,000 checks, it's painfully obvious they couldnt care less how it's done. An unproven biotech in Newport Vermont? A German window manufacturer? An "International Airport" in Newport? A distribution center for The Jelly of the Month Club? It really doesnt matter, just keep forwarding those uber-rich foreigner's checks please. This will not end well.

Last edited:

Cannonball

I said this in 2013:

If only the SEC, the State of VT, the US federal reserve, the the UN, the History Channel, and everyone else had paid close attention to your statements on a ski forum this all could have been avoided!!! What were they doing instead? Don't they know that the essence of international finance is distilled right here? Have you ever thought about sharing your gift with a larger audience?

fbrissette

If only the SEC, the State of VT, the US federal reserve, the the UN, the History Channel, and everyone else had paid close attention to your statements on a ski forum this all could have been avoided!!! What were they doing instead? Don't they know that the essence of international finance is distilled right here? Have you ever thought about sharing your gift with a larger audience?

You forgot the IPCC.

fbrissette

You forgot the IPCC.

BenedictGomez

If only the SEC, the State of VT, the US federal reserve, the the UN, the History Channel, and everyone else had paid close attention to your statements on a ski forum this all could have been avoided!!!

That part's correct.

EDIT: Actually it probably isn't, given inherent incompetence is the real problem (SEE: Harry Markopolos & Madoff).

River19

But the government has plenty of time to opine on Tom Brady's balls......

halfpintvt

"Burke is Back" Party in the bear Den at Mid Burke on May 28th from 2 PM to 7 PM!

attachment.php

Attachments

• burke@burkevermont.org_20160518_095447_001.jpg
    burke@burkevermont.org_20160518_095447_001.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 492

thetrailboss

Staff member
I see that season's passes for 2016-17 are on sale $600 for Burke and $750 for Burke and Jay.

http://qburke.com/skiing-and-riding/tickets-and-passes/season-passes/

Still qburk web address. How long will that last?

They have pushed the early date to July. Very nice gesture.

As to the URL, considering that they have been running the resort in a month and have done a hell of a lot of clean-up, I imagine that they have not fixed this yet. The SkiBurke URL still works; they just need to make the QBurke redirect to it.

SnowRock

Eventually a large part of the Kingdom Con story will be AnC Bio related. Here is a link to a preposterous assessment of the business prospects.

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/vpr/files/201503/jay-peak-independent-report-vpr-20150324.pdf

I don't think this has been posted before. I guess you can pay people to say anything. Every one of these "products" require clinical trials that take years and have enormous budgets.

Agree that this seems to have been a total boondoggle regardless, but... skimming that Frost report, it looks like they were hoping the facility would be a hotel or contract manufacturer, not necessarily develop the products on their own? Many of the companies that sell the drugs aren't making them. The location would be an odd choice for certain... not that all CMOs are in major cities, often times they aren't, but they are certainly closer to much larger population centers.

BenedictGomez

That's interesting that they had qburke.com, because they didn't have that address as of.....oh.... 1.5 years ago or so, someone else did.

I know, because that was the only obvious permutation of the address that I couldn't buy, because someone else had already bought it.

EDIT:

Here's the domain change date: Updated Date: 05-dec-2014

EDIT2:I searched the old thread, and it was November 18, 2014 that I bought the other names
I was shocked it was available. I mean, the NAME of your ski resort is QBurke, not Burke, so why on earth is your website still skiburke rather than skiqburke? That makes no sense.

All your other branding is QBurke, yet you have Burke for your web address? Huh? Very confusing for your customers. I set an auto-renew calendar reminder so I will keep renewing it so it cant expire.
Given how close that was to the domain name transfer, I wonder if someone from QBurke was reading the threadand decided to buy the name after this. I never go to Burke's website, so I didn't even know they soon after changed it to Q.......

BenedictGomez

If you had succeeded in buying QBurke.com before someone else did, I wonder if Ary would have purchased the name from you with some EB5 money :idea:.

Well he definitely purchased the name very soon after from that other guy who had the same idea I did, because I remember trying QBurke.com and it went to one of those, "would you like to buy this web address" pages.

And seriously? I CANNOT believe that was 1.5 years ago already. Time is flying. :dontknow:

thetrailboss

Staff member