• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Post season weather forecast analysis

skiNEwhere

Every year before ski season starts we get a winter forecast. Is there any site that analyzes how accurate that data was after the season was over? I've checked the Googles and only got scattered results. I was hoping to find a site that showed data for each season showing how accurate each forecast was.

Sent from my SM-G955U using AlpineZone mobile app

slatham

Every year before ski season starts we get a winter forecast. Is there any site that analyzes how accurate that data was after the season was over? I've checked the Googles and only got scattered results. I was hoping to find a site that showed data for each season showing how accurate each forecast was.

Sent from my SM-G955U using AlpineZone mobile app

Everyone's forecast is different. NWS, WeatherBell, Accuweather and all the other sites. The only one I know of doing this, as I am a subscriber, is WeatherBell. And they just posted today. Take a look at twitter I can't post it right now.

slatham

Everyone's forecast is different. NWS, WeatherBell, Accuweather and all the other sites. The only one I know of doing this, as I am a subscriber, is WeatherBell. And they just posted today. Take a look at twitter I can't post it right now.

Actually it’s Joe Bastardi on Twitter. He runs weatherbell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mriceyman

If ur looking for nice convos from joe bastardi go to 33andrain.com Newer forum where he now posts his stuff plus alot of other very knowledgeable guys on there

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

slatham

That sounds like a depressing site!

Thanks. That's the second new and cool site (windy.com is the other) that I have learned about this week.

But yes, I hate the name. Just typing that name in to find it made me cringe. That is pretty much the worst weather in my book (beat only by 28 and freezing rain)!